cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving home - costs to activate line included in monthly order?

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

moving home - costs to activate line included in monthly order?

Hello

I'm moving home on Monday 30th April, I have called PlusNet to sort it out, the property has a new BT Openreach line installed but is coming up as needing one installed (Activated) and she said including the house move it would cost £149... I explained I didnt have that kind of money so she said that she could include it in my monthly payments - - currently paying £24 due to go up in June to £25, she said I could pay £30 over the 18-month contract, but 18 months x £5 = £90 (not £149)

she did say she could knock a bit off before and do it a little cheaper but my questions are:

1) after 18 months do i go back to the normal cost of £25..?

2) can a staff member confirm these payments to me by PM

3) she told me I would get a text and email when the BTOR can come out and asked if I wanted the services at the current house terminated - which I do but NOT until the Tuesday after the Monday I have moved out...

can a staff member confirm this for me, please?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: moving home - costs to activate line included in monthly order?

Hi there.

House moves incur a fee of £65 and if required a new line install fee of £49.99. In total, the one off cost would be £114.99, but we'd offer to cover this as part of a new contract. The monthly cost of the contract doesn't necessarily always add up to the one off cost we've covered. Sorry if this wasn't explained to you.

1) after 18 months do i go back to the normal cost of £25..?

After your contract ends, you'll pay the standard price of your broadband package (Unlimited would be £10.99, Unlimited Fibre £15.99 or Unlimited Fibre Extra £20.99) plus line rental of £18.99 and any call features/plans you might have.

2) can a staff member confirm these payments to me by PM

Your monthly cost can be found in your house move ticket here.

3) she told me I would get a text and email when the BTOR can come out and asked if I wanted the services at the current house terminated - which I do but NOT until the Tuesday after the Monday I have moved out...

Looks like the adviser put the cease date down as the 30th so our automated system placed the cease request to happen then. I've changed this now to the 1st May.

Hope this helps.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

thanks for your help

i currently pay £18.99 for line rental and total cost for my Fibre Unlimited is £24.99 just like your advert says for new and upgrading:

yIJS0Q0

so I dont understand where £15.99 Fibre Unlimited + £18.99 line rental comes from?

as you can see it even says no activation fee? and is £24.99 a month besides she told me i would be paying £30 a month which sounded about right me as its £5 a month extra to cover the line activation over 18 months... mow i'm further confused?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

so I dont understand where £15.99 Fibre Unlimited + £18.99 line rental comes from?

That's when you're out of contract in 18 months time.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

thanks for your help

but technically after 18 months, the payments should remain £25.99 (at that time probably £26.99) what you pay for at the begging continues until you end the contract.

I have not 'ended' my contract - only moved property?

thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

When you take out a new minimum term for a house move, that overrides the previous minimum term/contract with new discounts and contract length.

Once the house move contract ends, you'll be on a rolling contract paying the standard costs of your package, but if you contact us again when that time comes we'll be happy to look at a new deal. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

so i will be paying £30 until month 19?

ive just finished 18 months here and it didnt go up to a non-introductory price? rolling at £24.99?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

so i will be paying £30 until month 19?

Once you're out of contract, you'll pay the standard price of your broadband package plus line rental of £18.99 and any call features/plans you might have.

ive just finished 18 months here and it didnt go up to a non-introductory price? rolling at £24.99?

That's an offer you've agreed with us. If you contact us once your contract expires or within the final 3 months we'll be happy to offer you a new deal.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet