cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving due to price increase

billy06

moving due to price increase

i am moving due to the price increase and better offers elsewhere, i have had the email saying my contract has been written off, do i need to ask for a MAC code or will i be sent one? as my new provider said thing will be quicker if i have one.
also i read about "downgraded to a "FREE" account so that I can continue to receive my referrals payments" how do i go about this?
11 REPLIES 11
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: moving due to price increase

When did your new provider tell you a MAC would be quicker? They don't exist any more. The new Gaining Provider Driven system came in on 20 June.
I would wonder about that provider.
Blake
Grafter

Second Estragon on that one, I would really be put off from a company still going on about MAC's.
The best thing to do if you have been happy with the service would be to speak with COT and negotiate a new deal rather than leave plusnet especially if you have otherwise been happy enough with them.
COT number = 0330 123 9197
billy06

Hi , Many thanks for the advice upon calling the COT they managed to match the deals I had been offered elsewhere  Smiley
Estragon
Rising Star

Make sure you cancel the migration of (of both broadband and phone) with the new provider. And get a written/emailed confirmation of the cancellation.
Under the new system it's you that has to stop it with them.
billy06

Once I receive my email conformation from plusnet I will do nothing as of yet 
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just in case it hasn't come through (The ticket suggests it was sent via email as well so I imagine you've already got it) you can also see the ticket Here
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Blake
Grafter

@billy06 - Glad you got it sorted and are still part of the plusnet family Smiley
billy06

Not yet I haven't, as things stand until I get the email the migration is still on the cards
Blake
Grafter

Go to portal.plus.net and I imagine in yellow at the top of the page it will reference a question/ticket?
billy06

Thanks why don't CS just tell you this stuff!
Blake
Grafter

No worries, I think most of the time they would do,  must have slipped their mind!  Wink
dick:quote