cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more data needed for Xmas but can't get through by phone

aliveit

more data needed for Xmas but can't get through by phone

I have managed to upgrade my tariff online so that I can get more data but the changes won't be actioned until January.  I have used 50gb of 60gb and tomorrow is Xmas day so I'm worried that the kids won't be able to use the Internet on Xmas day.  I have seen this data creeping up and so I have been calling plusnet for 3 days. The message on the line advises of a 15 minute wait time so each time it has reached 20 minutes I have given up as it seems that I'm not going to get through.
I see that plusnet have an unlimited tariff that costs less than my limited tariff, this seems to favour new customers over existing so I'm a bit frustrated that I'm potentially going to be overcharged just for being loyal and not upgrading to the unlimited tariff for less.
5 REPLIES 5
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: more data needed for Xmas but can't get through by phone

Hey!
We've changed you to Unlimited right now.  Your phone change is still scheduled for your next billing date. 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MartinUserName

Hi Kelly,
      I wonder if you can do the same for me. Just before xmas I was the victim of data spamming from a "live demo" CCTV camera. It took me a couple of days to realise that the demo camera was squirting data at my Static IP address at a rate of approximately 22.5 Gb a day. I opened a support ticket (#78962277)  as soon as I found what was happening, asking for the IP address of the camera to be blocked.  The camera stopped after about 90Gb of my 250Gb allowance had been burnt, and I am now left with 32Gb, 2 teenage kids and 19 days to go till my next billing month.
I have click to upgrade to a truly unlimited package ( and a further 18 month commitment to PlusNet) but the data limit will not apparently be changed until the 17th of Jan. Until then or until get confirmation that the data limit / excess changes will be waived I have had to apply very tight bandwidth limitations on my router, and as you can imagine now have two very unhappy kids.
I appreciated that the PlusNet support team numbers will have been reduced over the Xmas period, but the response times have been far from what I would expect.
Any assistance you could give to this would be much appreciated.
Thanks -Martin
MartinUserName

Hi Kelly,
  My support ticket has been updated today 64 hours after my last response asking for clarification on if PlusNet would waive any over use charges or up my package to the Truly Unlimited package that I have switched to and is due to start on the 17th of Jan.
Unfortunately you collage is not as accommodating as you have obviously been in the past and has started that ... " we will be unable to increase any usage for this particular month. You have the ability to cap your usage at 250GB, which means once this has been used it will not charge you for going over the usage, just make the connection speed slower."
I have to say that in the 10 +years as a customer this is only the second time that I have had to raise a support ticket and although I am not going to make the full transcript public, that the tone in the emails from both support staff that have dealt with it has been less that helpful.
Accelerating the switching of packages is obviously not impossible as you have done this for a customer previously. What you collages in support also seen to fail to realise is that they have now put me in a position that I will have to put up with a degraded service until the 17th of Jan which gives me ample time to cancel my upgrade (distance selling cooling off period) and choose to switch supplier. Whether they turn out to be any better when it comes down to support or customer care, who knows, but the responses I have had from PlusNet indicated to me that they do not value my custom, so I have nothing to loose and will gain from the discounted "new customer" deals that are on offer in my area.
Regards - Martin     
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Done!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MartinUserName

Hi Kelly,
    Thank you very much for resolving that so quickly. Very much appreciated.
Regards - Martin