cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration problem

StevieK
Dabbler

migration problem

I recently migrated my home phone & broadband to plusnet from orange/ee, everything went well & my fibre broadband was installed on time & the home phone switched over without a hitch a few weeks later, all well up until now, I get an email from Orange /EE to say my bill is ready online  :o,  only then do I  find out  that not only are plusnet charging me but so are Orange  Angry so I immediately contacted Orange to see why this has happened, only for them to say my account is still active with them despite me having migrated a month ago & not only that to add insult to injury they say Plusnet did not use the MAC code to migrate my service so I am also going to be charged a administration fee i think they called it of £29.50 as they say plusnet did not use the MAC to migrate my service at all, so all together this month I will have been charged by plusnet for my broadband & home phone but also £21.50 + £29.50 by Orange neither side in this seems to want to say they are at fault in this matter one thing I do know for sure is I know that I have done nothing wrong but its going to cost me quite a bit of money this month until I can get one company to admit to being at fault in this  Cry any help would be very much appreciated.  
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: migration problem

I suspect Orange are at fault. PlusNet must have used your MAC otherwise your Broadband would have to have been ceased and reprovided ( for which they would have charged ). When a MAC is used, BT Wholesale(BTw) inform the losing ISP, I suspect Orange have not processed this correctly. It is not possible for Orange to have provided service to you at the same time as PlusNet and therefore have no basis on which to charge you.
I'm sure one of the PlusNet Digital Care Team will respond here shortly and, if neccessary, be able to provide the information you may need to persue the situation with Orange. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've attached a screen capture of the order from BTs systems showing the MAC key being used to the open ticket on your account - you can view/download it at http://contactus.plus.net
That should be good enough to help with Orange, certainly hope so - good luck Smiley
StevieK
Dabbler

Thank you Matt I certainly hope so to as like a lot of people these day money is very tight & to be hit with these extra unexpected broadband costs is a real worry.
StevieK
Dabbler

I contacted Orange/EE again with the details provided by Plusnet & this CS adviser could not have been more different that the last one the £29.50 fee that the last person was adamant I would be charged was actually never going to be charged according to him & he could not understand why I was given that misleading & worrying information as the MAC was used correctly by Plusnet & there will be a refund of any money owing to me anyway all's well that ends well thank you so much to both Jack & Matt at Plusnet today for that you both get a big thumbs up from me cheers guys.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Awesome, really glad you got it sorted out Smiley