cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration Email - Termination Charges £293.70!

KrisLord
Dabbler

migration Email - Termination Charges £293.70!

Hi, I requested a migration to BT yesterday and received the leaving email today.
This included the following:
          Based on your transfer date, we've calculated this to be £293.70. This may change if your transfer date changes.
Could someone from plusnet confirm there are no termination charges on my account?
I spoke to COT before leaving and whilst they couldn't give me a good deal they did confirm I could cancel penalty free.
Note I have had the email informing me of the price rise, so I thought no charge should be raised.
10 REPLIES 10
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: migration Email - Termination Charges £293.70!

Many people had the same email. Just contact Plusnet to get the early termination charge removed (or confirm it won't apply).
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It won't apply, we remove the charges after we receive notification that you're leaving although I can see they haven't yet been removed from your account. I've just cleared them off anyway.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
g1000
Grafter

Funny how when the losing provider has a requirement to contact them, these sort of 'errors' in dealing with the contact inexplicably keep happening. If only there was some sort of rule by some sort of regulator to stop this happening...
Nearly £300 of charges not removed, and not even an apology.
KrisLord
Dabbler

Thanks Chris!
Sorry to be leaving but the cashback offers elsewhere are too big to turn down at the moment.
COT offered 6 months free broadband (£90) but I'd lose my discount on the TV so over the life of the contract I'd not really save much if anything.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
It won't apply, we remove the charges after we receive notification that you're leaving

Sorry, it does not make sense, since the email with the early termination charges is generated when people are leaving...
pwatson
Rising Star

I sense that it is an entirely manual process as the back end system has not been coded to handle this situation.  Obviously PN don't think people will leave when they put prices up...
I'm sure it will all be fixed by the new billing and provisioning systems when they are finally ready - Just waiting for a clear night and a blue moon Wink
Estragon
Rising Star

I thought the new system was live, and its incompetent design and production the cause of all the incorrect OR/BTW order-placement and non-detection by staff of order rejection.
Surely the system hasn't been like this for years?
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Quote from: pwatson
  Obviously PN don't think people will leave when they put prices up...

I don't think so, they obviously thought lots of people would leave (and lots do), hence not sending the price increase email to all customers at the same time, in order not to overload the call centre...
monabri
Grafter

It only applies if they think they can get away with it!
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
I'm sure it will all be fixed by the new billing and provisioning systems when they are finally ready - Just waiting for a clear night and a blue moon Wink

I've not seen the weather forecast for Friday yet, but that's the next blue moon...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)