Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac code issues

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

mac code issues

Finally got a mac code off bt, to refer the local community centre to plusnet... sign up went fine, but had an email to say the order is delayed due to an issue with the mac I have supplied. No further info was forthcoming and I copied the mac from the bt email. Can any of the dct please let me know what might be the issue,  so I can resolve thus asap.
Thanks in advance... if you need username of the account let me know. Not sure if its ok to post it here.
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: mac code issues

easy thing is to post a ticket number from the account - that will identify it
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@penfold
Can you let us know the username/ticket ID please? I'm only able to find your existing account using your community details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Hi Adam
Username is lowerdarwenvca, ticket ID is 79468496
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi penfold,
FYI an update was added to ticket 79468496 before you posted with info about the issue with the MAC.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Adam
BT are telling me that the service has been taken over by yourselves and are therefore unable to generate a MAC code for me.  Can you confirm or refute this please.  If you have not taken over the service, what can I tell BT who tell me that you have.  I can PM the telephone number if needed, but the username is LowerDarwenVCA.
Cheers
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid that's not the case, we've not been able to take the service over - we couldn't place the order to do so because the MAC was out of date, and we can't place any other orders on the line because there's already an active service there. We've also not yet placed any orders on the phone line, as we're waiting until we've been able to transfer the broadband to do so.
The only way we could take it over without a MAC would be to take the phone line over, which would remove the broadband, and then reprovide I'm afraid.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks matt. I will get back onto bt see what they are on about... I presume taking over the line the other way would incur a cease fee
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Depends if BT charge it or not, but yes I suspect it would.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Matt/adam
Got a mac of bt, pretty quickly after threatening them with ofcom. I will update the ticket.  Can you make sure it gets actioned before it expires please
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Ok all good. Go live tomorrow. Connected the router up today, and was surprised to see it authenticated. Coulnt get to the internet however, just got a bt wholesale holding page. I presume some work still needs to be done. Slightly concerned at the stats. They are alot better than with BT. Current stats are on adsl2
Up 1045
Down 1261
Attn down 50db, up 31.3db
Synced with a 6db margin up and down. Would have expected nearer 3500 to 4000 with a 50db attn.
I presume we will need to see what happens after the 10days are up.
Glad it all got sorted eventually.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi penfold,
The order completed around 2.30am this morning - I've activated the account for you, hope that sorts things out? Please let us know, thanks.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Matt
My father who checked things today, said they were still getting the BT holding page.  Does the router require a reboot?Huh
I will keep an eye on the syncs, and see where we are after the  10days.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, it will do (if you haven't already - sorry I didn't come back to this thread yesterday). Guessing you've already done so given that we have a 20 hour plus ongoing connection? Smiley