cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving plusnet

conorandlucy
Dabbler

leaving plusnet

After more years than i care to think about im leaving plus net to take up a cityfibre gigafast link.  But i would still like to keep the email addresses that i have set up.  how do i do that?

Next billing date is 27th May. 

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: leaving plusnet

@conorandlucy Sadly, you can no longer do that - as from about a month ago.

John
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Sadly u can't. You will lose it once the account is closed down.

nevd3
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

If it's 'messages' you want to preserve rather than just the email address, set up a gash account in gmail or mail.com and sync it to your plusnet account. That should transfer all the messages before the plusnet account ceases to be.

collinsdesign
Dabbler

In that case someone needs to update the cancellation policy https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/  as this still states under cease of service that  "It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £1.06 a month instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.!"

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Good point, @collinsdesign - that information is way out of date anyway, as PN have not charged for a 'mail-only' account for a long time.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@collinsdesign wrote:

In that case someone needs to update the cancellation policy https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/  as this still states under cease of service that  "It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £1.06 a month instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.!"

Thanks for the heads up! I've let our Digital Team know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@collinsdesign wrote:

In that case someone needs to update the cancellation policy https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/  as this still states under cease of service that  "It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £1.06 a month instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.!"

Our cancellation policy has now been updated to advise we cannot provide an email only account upon cancellation. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf 

May I tag on some other tidy-up in that space...

When an account is closed, access to all account features provided by Plusnet will be removed. This includes email, hosted webspace and access (including discussion forums and access to the Help Assistant Ticketing system).

In the good olde days of the CRM integrated forums, that would have been the case, but in modern times (!) ghosts can live on in the forums.

If requested, we can continue to renew and host a domain name on a subscription Mail Only account. Please make this clear when requesting account cancellation.

There is no longer an option for mail only accounts - subscription or otherwise.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.