cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

l0 gb allowance.

twitchy14
Grafter

l0 gb allowance.

On starting with pnet l went for the 10gb allowance package, being led to believe it would be adequate for my needs, but was informed a week or so later l was near to that limit, so decided l,d have to upgrade to the 60gb allowance for 5pound extra, which l did online and received a confirmation email from plusnet that it had been put in place, just a few hours later got another email telling me l,d exceeded my l0mg limit and would be charged 5pound extra, the next day another email telling me l,d exceeded the l5gb allowance and would be charged another 5pound, on checking my account there is still no confirmation by either email or online that l,m now on 60gb limit, in fact it now shows l have a 20gb limit and am now at near 18 of that, so presumably l,ll be over that limit within day, and expecting another email with another 5pound charge on, l have sent emails to plusnet over this but have had no response, or even acknowledgement its being looked into.  Will there come a point where it is confirmed by email l am now on 60gb allowance, or showing that on my online account, or can l expect to keep getting emails informing me lve another 5 pound charge on every time l exceed another 5gb, as lve another two weeks up to my dd being taken and the rate the gb are being used can l expect a excessive amount taken with dd.  Can someone from plusnet at least enlighten me to their billing system, and preferably put my new gb allowance on my account, for my peace of mind asap.
14 REPLIES 14
itsme
Grafter

Re: l0 gb allowance.

Your account upgrade does not take place until the next billing date. So you will be on the 10gb account until this time and everytime you buy more bandwidth it will get displayed as 15, 20, 25 etc.
twitchy14
Grafter

No doubt its there somewhere in the small print, which l missed, so my bill is already up l0 pound extra with 2 weeks to go, charming, l would have thought plusnet would be able to upgrade sooner, so l will have to attempt to not use more than l-2gb over the next two weeks, inform my son he is unable to do any work online for two weeks, but will not be suprised if it passes the 20gb with normal low useage.  Which l could have done after exceeding the 10gb allowance if l,d been informed in the email notifying me of this that the changeover to 60gb would not take place till the billing date and modified useage then.  As opposed to ending up with a bill bigger than l had for sky with unlimited use, the reason l changed to plusnet was to economise.  Not happy with the plusnet system at all in the first 2 weeks.  Hope things improve after the first month.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi twitchy14,
I don't see any upgrade on your account. Can you tell me the time and date of the email confirmation you received? Unfortunately you must keep each package for at least one billing month, so this can't be changed until your next billing date.
Jojo Smiley
twitchy14
Grafter

Dear Mrs lee, Account username: twitchy14 The following Add-On is now active on your account: Add-On: Pro Add OnMonthly cost: £5Start date: 2011-10-15 You can remove this at any time by going to:  http://portal.plus.net/AddOns.html Help & Support--------------If you need any further help or information, please get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question (raising a Ticket) using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net/ ) or phoning 0800 432 0200 (lo-call rates apply). Kind regards, 
Hi above is copy of email received, which appears to suggest the upgrade is valid from l5-oct, so l,m sure you can understand my confusion and irritiation.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi twitchy14,
The Pro Add-on is not the same as changing to the Extra (60GB) package. I have just sent you a reply to your ticket. Hope this is to your satisfaction.
Jojo Smiley
twitchy14
Grafter

Hi, think lve finally got it, thought the pro was the same as the 60gb,  think lve now cancelled the pro, and you say you have ordered the 60gb for me, which will start from first billing, so hopefully it will be straightforward from now on, phew, did say l wasnt technalogically minded, its my age, and where are sons when you need them, never here. Thanks for helping me sort it out. Embarrassed Wink
twitchy14
Grafter

hi just an update, l got my son to look at problem, he is quite shocked at how many gb have been used, he himself did download files in the lst week accounting for passing l0gb, but have still used 8gb over the last few days, seems to show down to general web use, which he cant really account for, is there anyway of breaking this down to show just where so many gb have been used?, he,s also speculating it could be adware, as my norton ran out a few weeks back, so l will ad on mcafee, but will now pass the 20gb soon and accrue more extra costs, so just trying to keep it low till billing in l8days, when hopefully 60gb will thereafter cover, more so now we are both more aware of downloading files after midnight for him, and l sort of understanding how mass minor use can build up useage, if thats whats happened, are you able to check that.
Think anyone joining pnet who hasnt read every single word of contract needs to see clearly how the gb use adds up quickly, and use the after midnight option.  See how it goes after billing in November. Undecided
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
This will keep a record of the usage on a PC (and if you use different logins record the usage against each account). If you have multiple PCs it will share the data so you can see the total usage. It also has a graph which shows your current internet activity.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
twitchy14
Grafter

thanks for info Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you hadn't found this info in your account already -
you can get a breakdown of the different types of traffic usage on your account using https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php (and login-in if necessary) - then follow the "Usage Breakdown" link on that page.
also https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php?&strAction=PERIOD will show you the usage on each day for the current billing period.
filipole
Dabbler

10 GB is really a joke.
Switched from unlimited Sky to try the fiber.
I always knew that 10GB will be too little and planned to increased it, but thought I will be OK for a month with some restrain...
First day on plusnet and already over 4Gb - and nothing really heavy - no downloads, very little streaming, don't use P2P, no bbc player.
You don't realise how much you use when sitting on an unlimited package.
Put an order for 120Gb and even 120 will be really not much, as the reason for me to move to fiber is ipTV
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the PN Forum
I have been on 10G for a lot of years and have never had to buy extra,  never had a problem watching TV, I record it from Freesat, live in Essex and watch a lot from BBC Scotland,  it will record two while I watch a third, also have a Freeview recorder so can record another two on that as well
I do look at some Yutube, and downloaded 300M of the wifes craft video's from USA  yesterday during the free period
filipole
Dabbler

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Welcome to the PN Forum
I have been on 10G for a lot of years and have never had to buy extra,  never had a problem watching TV, I record it from Freesat, live in Essex and watch a lot from BBC Scotland,  it will record two while I watch a third, also have a Freeview recorder so can record another two on that as well
I do look at some Yutube, and downloaded 300M of the wifes craft video's from USA  yesterday during the free period

I don't know what to say TBH... As said, I never looked how much I am using, so 4+Gb in the first day came as a surprise. I am sure that no-one piggyback my wireless, as only have 1 protected (filtered + WEP + invisible) access ppoint, which was only activated yesterday. I have 4PCs, Ipad though, so will have to look what they use in the background
itsme
Grafter

4GB is a lot if you are not downloading, P2P or watching TV. As an indication 1 hour of iplayer is approximately 600MB so 4GB is approximately 6 hours of TV.