Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just paid my bill with another browser

firebird1000
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

just paid my bill with another browser

what a joke the only way to pay online was with the tor browser / unreal firefox did not work waterfox  did not work latest windows  browser did not work /????????? / money has left the bank so it is paid

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: just paid my bill with another browser

Sorry to hear this.

Can you advise what happened when you tried to pay? Did you get any particular error message?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
firebird1000
Rising Star

all that the browser showed was unable to connect to the site and time out  on all / only Tor browser worked

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @firebird1000

Sorry to hear you have had difficulties in making a payment on our online portal.

Can you please clear all cookies and caches on your web browser, before loading up our web page.

Please make sure there are no 'pop-up blockers' that may be preventing you from accessing our website.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

firebird1000
Rising Star

hi did all off the above add blockers /off and every thing else it seems i have to use TOR browser to pay my bill as plus net stop u paying the bill with waterfox firefox   edge/ hope u get this sorted

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @firebird1000,

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate you getting back to us with that information.

There shouldn't be any problem with you paying your bill with standard browsers however it's obvious you have experienced an issue. We haven't seen any reports of payment problems where only the Tor browser worked but we'll keep an eye out for similar reports just in case it's something that needs to be looked into.

Thanks - LF

eeveevolvePlus
Hooked

Just to add to this post,

Looking at this forum for the past few weeks, it seems to me anyone that gets the failed billing splash, it is not letting anyone connect to any sites that are not https. 

Any other site with plain old http (including plus.net) just time out.  

I have had this issue for the past three or so months, and if im not due in work that day to pay my bill, I have to tether my mobile phone over 3G to connect to plusnets own website. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @eeveevolvePlus, thanks for your input.

With that being the case for you, are you able to access https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login ?

Macc2018
Rising Star

Have to say i had the same problem when my broadband got blocked on day 1 of the 14 days PN gives you to pay after a failed DD and i could get on any websites but not one of PN websites.

Also has PN got sorted the issue where routers are being blocked on day 1 out of 14 after a failed payment as when it happened to me i had to call up and the chap on the phone could see before i even told him why i called up what the problem was.