cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

itemised referrals?

G6JPG

itemised referrals?

Once a month, I get two emails (the fact that it's two is also irritating, but leave that aside for the moment): "We are going to take £x.xx pounds by direct debit", and "Congratulations! You have earned £y.yy by referrals".
The referrals one then sort of itemises - but in fact it's always only one line, saying something like "new signup".
I looked at one of the refunds under billing on the website, which showed how many were contributing - but not who they were/are. (What's more, I'm sure none of mine are "new" any more, so the description's wrong.)
I think it would be good if the email told you the usernames you're getting a referral discount for - or, at the very least, how many, but ideally who - if nothing else so you could occasionally thank the friends who mentioned you.
(FWIW, I did ask about this - ticket 82864561 - but was told it wasn't possible; I asked if they could look into it, and they said they would, but "with the developmental team working on issues with Billing and E-mail systems at present, this may be low on the priorities at this time." "This time" was 2014-3-20.)

Would others like to see this information (i. e. which of their victims^Wfriends are still with PN and thus contributing to their referral discount)?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: itemised referrals?

I don't understand the problem
If you look here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mydiscount_static_info&r_action=Current_Referrals&?membermenu...; it gives the username and the last referral received as a token since your last billing date
So if you look there just before your billing date then you will see which you have received
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Jim's link should help.
We also have customers that have a pretty significant amount of referrals, so for them the email could get messy. Other than that, reasonable suggestion Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
gofaster
Rising Star

That list still shows Last Token dates as N/A for all broadband referrals
I thought that problem was supposed to be fixed along with the missing referrals issues last year.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

From what I remember it should have as well.....
G6JPG

Quote from: MattyC
Jim's link should help.
Yes, thanks, Jim; bookmarked.

We also have customers that have a pretty significant amount of referrals, so for them the email could get messy. Other than that, reasonable suggestion Smiley
Matty

To answer Jim's question: the necessity to go to the website is what I was hoping to avoid, however. And MattyC, I hadn't thought of how it might get for some customers. But I'm glad you think it's a reasonable suggestion. Perhaps there could be a setting customers could set in the member centre, to say whether they'd like the email to contain details or not (or even not want the email, as I imagine some might)?