cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impossible to speak to anyone and cancel my contract

cs1

impossible to speak to anyone and cancel my contract

I have spent 40 minutes on hold to customer services trying to cancel my broadband because it is not fit for purpose . Once through to a human I was told it will cost me £240 to cancel my contract!! 

And then he transferred me to tech support !!

I have now been on hold again for a further 30 minutes listening to [-Censored-] music , with no hope in sight of speaking to an actual human being . 

I will never ever recommend plusnet, and will make sure every single person I know will not be using them either in the future.

I'm also about to go on all my social media channels and make sure no one I know ever uses plusnet for wifi.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: impossible to speak to anyone and cancel my contract

@cs1 I appreciate your frustration with the phone support, but sadly that is the situation with Plusnet (and other suppliers) at the moment.

However, as this is your first post, maybe a few more details about your problem(s) with the service may give other customers the chance to help you?

How long have you been a PN customer - if you cancel outside 14 days of your order being accepted, but before the end of your contract period, then the T&Cs you signed up to apply, and there is no way out of that legal obligation.

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@cs1 

Sadly you're one of many on various providers' networks, Plusnet is not unique in struggling to cope with staff working from home or off with illness. As jab1 says, explain what is happening and you'll find many willing people who will try to help. What do you mean by 'not fit for purpose'? Does your broadband work at all? Is it the old ADSL or fast fibre? Is it slow? Is it intermittent? Have you any basic technical knowledge?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine