cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im at my usage limit HOW

kellydb

im at my usage limit HOW

i also received an email the other day to say iv nearly reached my 10gb usage for the month how can i check this as i do not download or anything i pretty much log on to check my emails go on facebook and occassinally go on ebay i have ever had thiss before with talk talk i should have never changed
5 REPLIES 5
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: im at my usage limit HOW

"how can i check this"
Log in to your account and under "My Account" you'll see "View My usage". There are options to check usage total and a daily breakdown.
kellydb

iv just checked it and it says there is quite a bit of usage through the night which i dont use my computer through the night cos im asleep lol im confused!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There will be a nominal amount of usage overnight (normally in the kb range) due to the router keeping the connection alive. Overnight usage doesn't count towards your montlly allowance so wouldn't be causing you to get close to your limit.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Does your router have Wifi or not?  If it has wifi, does it have any authentication enabled?  Best to enable WPA2 authentication and change the pre shared key asap as you could have someone leeching from your connection.
If no wifi  and just a wired router, then does anyone else have access via your pc or another?  Change your pc's login password, nearest and dearest is watching something at night wasting your bandwidth.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
acarneiro
Grafter

If you have an iPhone or iPad, they could be backing up to the cloud, perhaps?