cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

holiday :-)

whiteshadow
Dabbler

holiday :-)

I am going on holiday as of the start of next month, thing is I am going for nearly a month so am trying to collect some extra spends by cutting any bills that won't be needed, sky tv, phone lines, and hopefully internet. Is it going to be ok to cancel my internet for a month as my one year contract has a long time ago expired, I would be happy to sign up for another years contract when I get back as I have no intention of leaving plusnet the time being. Also, if its not ok what happens when my home phone line is cut if I still have the internet? 
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: holiday :-)

it will cost you more to get your phone line restored than you will save - seems like a daft idea for under a month
chillypenguin
Grafter

I believe that cancelling your phone line will also force the cancellation of your broadband.
whiteshadow
Dabbler

thanks for your replies, yeah looks like your right about the phone line, I still would like to cancel anything I can, I know its only 20 quid but everything is counting! Is it possible to cancel my plusnet subscription for just a month, it seems companies make it very hard to leave them, even if its not for very long!  Angry
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As I understand it, put simply Plusnet would still be paying for your data even though you would not be using it and therefore would not be willing to forego a month's subscription.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
James
Grafter

Hi there,
If you cancel your phone service, it automatically results in the cancellation of your broadband service.  Because of this, to turn it back on again, would cost us £40.
You'd be better off downgrading your service to Value for a month and then reupgrading to Pro, bearing in mind that we can only do product changes on your billing date.
In honesty though, for the sake of ~£10, it's probably not worth the hassle.
whiteshadow
Dabbler

thanks again for your responses guys, I will downgrade my package for my holiday, luckily my billing date is very close to my departure and return return rate, I know it seems like a bit of hassle for the sake of a tenner but downgrading or cancelling all unused bills has added up in total to an extra 200 pounds worth of drinking money!  Cheesy 
Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,

In honesty though, for the sake of ~£10, it's probably not worth the hassle.

haha, think PN must be paying you too much!!!  Grin Grin Grin
James
Grafter

Smiley
I'm really saying that because of your market area, you won't get the same price when you reupgrade your product - it would then be £22.49 a month.
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/pro.shtml
Because you were on the £19.99 version when we made changes to our product, you keep the same price for 12 months from when we made these changes.  Hence why I'm suggesting that you're probably best off staying as you are.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

seems best to keep the wall dry an holiday Crazy