cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high renewal price

mandria

high renewal price

Hi

I'm coming to the end of my current 18 month contract and I was hoping to renew with yourselves but the absolute best renewal price I've been offered by the retention team is £78 (over 18 months!) more expensive than if I joined Plusnet as a new customer? What gives?

Having been with plusnet over 9 years I am reluctant to move to Virgin even if they are offering me double the speed for the same price as a plusnet new customer, but if you don't want me as a customer what else can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: high renewal price

@mandria 

To get the best deal ring plusnet back but select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. Tell them the Virgin price (or another ISP with an equivalent service to yours) and ask them to match it. These agents have more negotiating scope than the standard retention team. Don't bother quoting the Plusnet new customer deals, that does not work.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mandria

Hi Baldrick1

I actually did did exactly what you said - I used the the "I'm thinking of leaving option" and told them the the virgin price - the guy I was dealing with wouldn't budge. 

I'll try them again tomorrow and if plusnet still don't price match virgin's price they've lost a customer

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @mandria

Although we do try to price match, it's not always possible to do so. 

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards