cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first phone account payment

caz59

first phone account payment

Hi, I don't understand my phone account payment, and was hoping someone could help please.
I signed up with plusnet on the 8th jan. plusnet took an initial payment of £28.98 to cover first month of line rental, call plan, router etc. I have just looked at my new bill and find I have been charged £19.50 from the period 30th jan to 15th jan (a 2 week period) I totally do not understand this. hoping someone can explain, thank you.
caz59. Huh
1 REPLY 1
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: first phone account payment

Hi,
The initial payment is taken to cover your first month of service. Your billing date will be decided whenever your first (phone or broadband) service goes active. If your phone and broadband have been activated on different dates then your next bill will show a pro-rata discount to take into account the time that you've not received the service that activated last.
Hope this makes sense. If your next bill doesn't indicate a pro-rata discount please let us know so that we can look into this.
If you require any more assistance don't hesitate to get back in touch as we'll be more than happy to help.
Thanks.