cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

few questions about changing provider

Stylin
Grafter

few questions about changing provider

Considering changing provider, my bill has gone from original price of £30 a month to now almost £37 a month.

5 pounds more i can get sky, broadband and Netflix so hard to justify staying with plusnet. 

so my questions are:

where do i look to see if/when my contract ends?

what actions do i need to take with plusnet if i was to decide to change provider?

thank you.

*edit*

just checked home screen and found this. Apparently my contract ended in 1970? 

image.png

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: few questions about changing provider

Hi @Stylin

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving us. I have absolutely no idea why your Member Centre says that your contract end date is in 1970, not a clue, something has obviously gone wrong here.

I myself am not in sales, though I can see that your contract expired in October last year, hence your monthly bill has increased. If you'd like to see what our Customer Options Team can do for you in terms of a new new contract, give them a call on 0800 013 2632.

If the problem on your Member Centre does not resolve itself once a new contract has started, let us know and we'll get this raised with our back end team.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Stylin wrote:

what actions do i need to take with plusnet if i was to decide to change provider?

None - the system for migration is 'gainer-led'. Apply to your chosen provider, and they arrange it all, including informing Plusnet.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@Stylin 

Being out of contact you are probably paying way over the odds for your service.

Look up the price of a cheap equivalent service from a mainstream budget ISP, Vodaphone can be a good starting point. Ring the number shown above and select the I'm thinking of Leaving option. Quote the competitors price and ask for it to be matched. This phone number tends to be answered quite quickly.

You might be pleasantly surprised.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'