cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed direct debit notice for closed account, can't log in reply to emails

barireid
Grafter

failed direct debit notice for closed account, can't log in reply to emails

got a nice email today saying that my direct debit had failed, that's not surprising as i closed the account a few weeks ago and paid for the priveledge, at that point i assumed there was no on-going fee - my username/account to log onto the plus net site no longer exists and i can't get through to billing on the phone as i don't have a touchtone phone at the moment.
i don't understand why paying 31 quid to stop an account, getting notice that the account has closed doesn't actually mean i have closed the account, is it common practice to just let the direct debit run?!
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: failed direct debit notice for closed account, can't log in reply to emails

I've re-added your portal login to the account so you should be able to log in and sort that out now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barireid
Grafter

cheers, i have now sent a question Smiley
brianex121
Grafter

Do watch out for bank charges over direct debits or standing orders when you 'think' an account has been closed.  The Royal Bank of  Scotland
charged my son (who'd emigrated and stopped his account which used to pay a tiny standing charge to a subscription - because they'd been unable to make the payment;  reason was, the organisation to which the sub went, had closed down!  Three years later, they were still making this charge for not being able to make a payment to a non-existent organisation, and then began involving me with threats that my own credit worthiness would be affected... I chose to pay up to prevent this happening, but then found the Bank had taken more than I'd authorised (IN WRITING).
Fortunately, I'd followed up all my calls with a formal  letter to confirm my ageement to make payment, giving dates and times and even listing  the Bank's employees names and phone extensions I'd been dealing with.  But it was only when I contacted the Banking Ombudsman that they cleared everything up, even paying compensation.  I'm still awaiting PlusNet's explanation.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm still awaiting PlusNet's explanation.

This thread isn't about the same issue as the other thread you've posted in and we aren't going to give specifics regarding another customers account in a public forum.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.