cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing customers Vs New customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: existing customers Vs New customers

A bit late to the party there @BenB, in the week that has passed since @shed_135 posted and your reply they could have moved on!

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hopefully that will not be the case @Anonymous but I have been away for a long time and I will be reflecting this back to the team on time frames but the information I've provided is also for future reference for anyone looking at re-contracting and wanting to get the best deal.

1066_1066
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Personally I don't agree with this Customer Retention (CR) nonsense. If I find a better product elsewhere I'll be damned if I'm going to go back to Plusnet to re-negotiate, I should have been offered a better product in the first place. By using CR we are just pandering to their continued use of this unfair pricing.

It makes me angry.

P.S.

Sorry but I don't buy this 'We just have different processes in place to offer deals to new as to what we do for existing customers ' excuse. I see this as translating to -

New customers, we will tell what the deals we have are.

Existing customers, you have to contact us to find out what deals we have.

Time to change your processes?

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@1066_1066, PNet operate in exactly the same way as most other contracted service providers eg Utility Cos, Insurance Cos, Sky TV. The customer has to take some personal responsibility at the end of a minimum term deal - I've just used Customer Options to get a further 12 month deal that was satisfactory for me - about 5 minutes o the freephone number, and a lot less painful than the battles I have with Sky every year!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that @1066_1066

Whilst we do make outbound calls to our customers to discuss a new deal once their contract comes to an end (See another thread around these parts about this), we're only able to do this if you've opted in for marketing communications. You can view or edit your communication preferences here: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

If you would like to discuss a new deal the best number I'd call us on is 0800 013 2632. As I type this there's absolutely no call queue to get through to them and they're here until 8pm.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
1066_1066
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you for your reply.

It's not that I'm unhappy with my account, I was really having a rant about the difficulty in getting access to deals similar to those offered to new customers. I'm not on a contract (still on a 1 month rolling) so I wouldn't receive any communication about new deals.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@1066_1066 wrote:

Time to change your processes?

Or eventually be forced to as more companies offer the same deals to old and new customers alike.

Follow instead of lead.