cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing customers Vs New customers

dunks1980

existing customers Vs New customers

At What point did Plusnet stop caring about there Current customers and priorities new customers,

i have been with plusnet for over 2 years now and never had any problems or complaints,

a few weeks ago i refered a friend who signed up to an 18 month contract  this also prompted me to give customer services a ring and renew my contract for another 18 months,

however i was promptly told the deal my friend got i wasn't eligible for because i am not a new customer.

what the hell is that all about ?

i am someone who wants to sign in to a contract for fibre services for 18 months,  weather i am a new customer or a current one wanting to sign in to another contract, i SHOULD be eligible for the same deal.

this has really put a downer on my plusnet experience and you should be ashamed your self's after doing so well for so long you have let your self's down over a few pounds  and are now potentially going to loose a customer.

Shame on you !!!

21 REPLIES 21
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: existing customers Vs New customers

Did you Call the plusnet  Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Speak with Customer Rentions.

They have always been very helpfull.

dunks1980

Hi 

i will try and give them a call tomorrow, 

i used the online chat as tried to call them yesterday and was on hold for 30mins before the line went dead.

thanks for the number Smiley

caney97
Rising Star

Hi, I hope you update us on the outcome as I feel loyalty should be rewarded as you say. BT pulled the same trick hence I have just moved to Plusnet. Too many companies do this and force people to move, it seems silly to me.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@caney97 wrote:

Too many companies do this and force people to move, it seems silly to me.

It seems likely to change as some of the non bt/plusnet companies make a point of saying in their ads that offers are available to new and existing customers. They have cottoned on to the obvious that existing customers are cheaper to keep with no router to supply or connection costs.

Constant customer churn could slow down with bt/plusnet forced to join in before all their customers bleed away. No doubt with a jolly comedy advert telling us how they value loyal customers.Smiley

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

What was the outcome Please ?

billnotben
Community Veteran

Maybe plusnet are already starting to play catch up.

From a recent email.........................

"You’re part of the Plusnet family now, and as one of our valued customers, our Plusnet Mobile people want to give you an exclusive deal. You’ll get a whole load of the stuff you love at a great price. Because your mobile’s important to you - and you’re important to us."

Nothing like what they said the last time and the final time I asked for a deal.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Hello brother!

We are family!We are family!

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNAQ8LLptUo

A group symbolising strong family values being introduced by Jimmy Savile!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Getting a deal from COTS - you do not have to accept what's offered on your first call - say thank you and that you'll go dwell on it for a day or two whilst you review what else is out there ... if you don't find anything better, you'll call back ... when you call back ask for something better, but always be nice!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

I would do my homework first, see what is out there, for new customers, then see what is being offered by your present provider and accept the deal if your satisfied with it.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there!

We just have different processes in place to offer deals to new as to what we do for existing customers. 

I'd look around to see what's out there then give our Customer Options guys a buzz on 0800 432 0200. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
billnotben
Community Veteran

It's a pity plusnet aren't more forthright and plainly state what offers are actually available to existing customers.

Instead of just giving them the run around.

shed_135

I had a similar experience. I have been with Plusnet for quite a few years and not had any problems. For some reason this year they are not prepared to match what they are offering to new customers. Its rather galling to expect loyal customers like me to subsidise the new customers, and I dont think its very ethical. I have looked around and talk talk are a) cheaper and b) give the same offers to existing new customers. (at least thats what they say!) I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest on the market, I just dont want to be taken advantage of. Not happy!

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @shed_135,

Welcome to the community forums.

Although we do not price match on new customer deals we do still have great offers for existing customers through our customer options team.

I would contact them on 0800 013 2632 and select option 1 then option 2, once you are connected just ask them what offers are available to you and negotiate with them a deal which is best suited for you. It may not be the same as a new customer offer but it will be damn close to it.