cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

due to switch providors 1st April 2020

kchambers
Hooked

due to switch providors 1st April 2020

I was due to switch from plusnet to BT on 1st April 2020. This was because plusnet could not offer me fibre broadband in my area. I read in the media that BT are no longer making home visits although at the time of writing they have not contacted me to say this. My problem is that having informed plusnet of my termination date, I will be left with no broadband or landline connection on or after 1st April. I do not want to phone plusnet as I know that the lines will be very busy. Can someone, preferably from plusnet help clarify my situation. I am 75 years old and need both services at this critical time. thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: due to switch providors 1st April 2020

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

When you switch ISP you should sign up to your new ISP who will then ensure the switch is carried out. If you have terminated with Plusnet then that may a problem

Dave

kchambers
Hooked

I wanted to keep my plusnet email address and I phoned them to ask how to do it. They said I had to give them notification verbally over the phone of the change over date. Having done that plusnet would send me an email on 31st March confirming this. I would then have to phone them within 24 hours of the email being received so that they could re activate the email account. If it were not for wanting to keep my email address I would not have contacted plusnet at all before the change over date as I assumed that BT would have done this automatically. I think I have no option but to phone plusnet to clarify the situation.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Fair enough

kchambers
Hooked

Thanks anyway for taking the time to respond.

kchambers
Hooked

Thanks, but not much help.

kchambers
Hooked

last reply was to dvorak. plusnet mod.