cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dodgy offers in my account again

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Re: dodgy offers in my account again

There should be a thread somewhere which I think I started last time.
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Here you go
https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Fake-prices/m-p/1628364#M84331
Actually last time you said my price was £29.99, even less!
See why I think this error is some sort of pricing cover up 😂
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the clarification @ukguy1 

We’ll get this raised for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vimesuk
Grafter

@Gandalf Could you comment on the offer that was supposedly available for me please...?

You can see my screenshots a few posts up, also........

upload.jpg

and then the 404 when I try to take a look at that offer.......

404 Page not found   Plusnet.png

Is that a genuine offer of £28.99 a month or isn't it...?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @vimesuk 

I've raised this for investigation (ref: IMT-5464) however I'd be unable to advise when this will be resolved by especially as we're currently in the Christmas change freeze where we likely can't do anything to fix this until after the new year.

As a workaround you'll need to renew your contract with our customer options team either by phone or live chat at http://www.plus.net/help/chat quoting the online renewal offer you've had.

To make things easier for you I'd be happy to arrange for someone to call you back explaining the situation beforehand. Feel free to PM me the best contact number to get you on and a rough time when you'll be free for a call.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vimesuk
Grafter

@Gandalf Thanks for the reply.

For now I'm quite happy to wait until you have a response to the issue noted.

I would still like to know if and how I could be entitled to that offer of £28.99.

I would have been happy enough to have found the information by clicking on that link without needing, at this stage, to talk to a representative.

If the offer has been advertised as being available for me then I just wish to know those details.

I appreciate over the festive period things are going to be a little slow on getting that update.  Thanks for the information that you have raised this for investigation.

I'm becoming more curious about the amount we are paying each month when there does seem to be so many alternative and competitive deals being offered by other providers. That is why, in part, I'm curious to understand about the £28.99 offer.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @vimesuk 

If you were made this offer in your account then we’ll be happy to honour this one way or another as you’re unable to accept this online. 

I’ll let you know when I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vimesuk
Grafter

@Gandalf Thanks for getting back to me promptly. I appreciate your offer.

I have just checked by going back to my dashboard and still see the offer there. All that I have done is to cover my real name from the web-page.......

upload 2.png

of course I still get the "404" when I try and click the deal to renew my contract.

I'll just wait your update. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @vimesuk

We'll hopefully have some news to share next week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

How can you say you will honour the £29.99 “one way or the other” when you told me my £30.99 was an error.
Yet it said £30.99 on my account as my current “out of contract price”
This is one rule for one and one for another and is unacceptable.
I’m now furious as you lied to me.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @ukguy1 

I'm sorry to see you feel that way.

The out of contract price you're seeing in your account is not a renewal offer. If you're seeing a renewal offer in the Summary page of your account like in the above screenshot, then we will be happy to honour this for you. 

I do hope this helps clarify things.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you continue to bill me for £34.98 yet my "out of contract" price is £30.99

If I do not get an explanation to why I'm being over-charged I am taking this further.

Please raise a complaint and deal with it as previously requested. It is unacceptable to state a price then charge more.

If the out of contract price is £30.99 charge me £30.99 or give me a dam good reason why.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 02.43.51.png

edit: not forgetting last year you told me my out of contract price was £29.99

and if I click "keep this product" of course... I"m already on it! but at a higher price.  I will not rest on this until I have been credited all the over-charges for the last year.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

erm, excuse me

WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS CONTRACT COME FROM? I am fuming now.

I have beeen a customer on the unlimited fibre for years and you add a contract to my account. Now I AM seeking legal advice. This is totally unacceptable.

Remove it immediately. Not only are you making prices you you're making contracts up!!!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 02.55.36.png

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

xxxxxxxxxx - CSC Analyst
1:50pm, Thursday 11 Apr 2019
Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for getting in touch via our Community forum.

I appreciate your comments about getting in touch with is via Live Chat regarding your current subscription.

I can see that you have recently made a change to your call plan via the Member Centre, as per Service Notice: SN410455543 on 8th April. This is a change to Talk Evenings & Weekends, however I have checked your account and can confirm that your account is currently out of contract. This means that the discounts that came with your previous contract have also come to an end this month.

Thursday 11 Apr 2019 - "can confirm that your account is currently out of contract"

The change to call plan was due to you ending a 10+ year old free anytime tariff.

The discounts mentioned didn't exist, he's talking like I joined on a cheap price, I joined 15+ years ago!

WHY DOES MY ACCOUNT SHOW A CONTRACT UNTIL NOV 2020 ASWELL AS A CHEAPER PRICE?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As advised above, that out of contract figure isn't correct. As per our price guide and terms and conditions, line rental is £19.99 and Unlimited Fibre without any discounts is £15.99 totalling £35.98 (Prior to 3rd December 2019 line rental was £18.99 hence the total of £34.98 before that).

If we've started a new contract in error because of the change to your call plan let me remove this for you when I'm back in the office tomorrow. 

[edit]

For the sake of clarity I'm referring to removing your contract term if appropriate, not call plan. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet