cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dodgy offers in my account again

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

dodgy offers in my account again

Earlier this year I reported an issue where my account was showing "current out of contract" price as £30. I'm a customer of 15 years and actually paying £35, no loyalty at all from PN 😞

Plusnet said it was an error and I helped resolve with screenshots etc - they said they would see what they could do on the price but did nothing. I don't want torenew my contract anyway as I'm waiting for a deal on FTTP which PN don't do.

Looking at my account now and two issues:

1 - A useless exclusive offer which goes to a 404 not found page

2 - In offers, again it has my "current price" as £30.

Talk about rubbing it in to existing customers! If you insist on showing me £30/m you are very welcome to charge me that!!!!

39 REPLIES 39
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: dodgy offers in my account again

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts / Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @ukguy1,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to tether yourself into another contract when you are seeing far cheaper pricing for a faster product but just to clarify we're unable to add any discounts unless it's been agreed in a new contract or is part of a resolution to an ongoing issue.

The issues you are mentioning in regards to the 404 error are something that we are working - if you do want to discuss a new deal/discounts please call into our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 during the below hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00

Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Excluding Xmas day.

Thanks.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Hi that’s fair enough on the contract.
However, why are you showing my current “OUT OF CONTRACT” price as £30 but you charge me £35.

This is the second time this has happened and it seems to me that the price I should be charged is £30 out of contract.

Please charge me this otherwise you are clearly showing a fake price. I’ll expect £30 on my next bill as per the price you state.
vimesuk
Grafter

I too thought that I got a useful Crimbo gift from PN.....

Dashboard   Member Centre   Plusnet.png

so off I go for to see about that deal and.....

404 Page not found   Plusnet.png

so can you please just reduce my monthly subs to that price please...?

Been a member for so long now and I can never remember anything resembling a loyalty bonus or discount being offered.

Thanks

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@vimesuk  Been there myself. One reason I started to look around. You don't get any loyalty bonus from a lot of companies. They must like the churn rate. I do wonder if the attitude will change as swapping ISP (and now mobile) is extremely easy nowadays.

Found another ISP offering much the same, for much much cheaper - i.e. new customer rate. Took all of 10 mins max to sign up to them - didn't even have to contact PN to get them involved and the changeover itself went seamless. No drama at all. Funny enough my speed keeps increasing (back over 70Mb again) even though its the same wires delivering the service etc.

Will I still be with my new ISP next year? Depends on price as ever.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Anonymous
Not applicable

From March next year the rules are changing in favour of the customer hopefully no special deals only for new consumers

Most of the new measures will be in effect by March 2020.

From February, broadband customers must also be told when their contract is coming to an end as well as be shown the best deals currently available. 

Those who choose to stay with their provider without signing up to a new contract will be given details of their firm's best deals every year. 

Brian A

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Great info on how fast switching is now without the need to contact customer services.
Hopefully be signing up to fttp soon to improve the 0.5 uploads!

Switching isp every 18 months is becoming similar to energy.

PN are wrong in my case to show an out of contract price of £30 and charge me £35.
I can understand signing up for another year may get a new deal but blatantly over charging is unacceptable.

Hopefully the new rules will improve this dodgy pricing!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ukguy1,

I'm sorry for any confusion surrounding this. I've raised a ticket response via your account to clarify the pricing. For reference, this can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

There is no confusion.
Your ticket basically says I’m imagining the £30. I’m no fool, I’m in business myself and can see clearly the out of contract price.
You conveniently closed the ticket so I can’t reply but I’ll upload a screenshot I have here
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

17F7E896-D430-486D-A659-3C082CDC2B31.jpeg

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

so plusnet... am I still confused?

Your ticket says “

there is nothing on your account suggesting that would be the case, or at least as far as I can see. To clarify, if no referral discounts or credits were to be applied to your account then you would be charged £34.98 per month.   

Explain the screenshot then.

this has already happened before and you covered it up as being an error.

Once you’ve accepted I don’t need to go to specsavers, will you claim it’s an error again? It’s looking more and more like you’ve been over charging me.

ensure my next bill is for the correct out of contract price you clearly state, along with a refund for the overcharges.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @ukguy1 I don’t think we’re referring to yourself being confused, it’s more that the situation appears to be confusing with the price you’ve seen in your account online.

If you’re out of contract on our Unlimited Fibre product then this is £15.99 as per our price guide here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

Line rental was £18.99 prior to 3rd December and unless you had a fixed price contract it’s gone up to £19.99 in line with our pricing refresh.

This brings you to a total of £34.98 or £35.98 if you pay line rental at £19.99.

An out of contract cost of £30.99 for fibre and line rental when you take line rental away from it doesn’t leave a figure we’ve ever charged for fibre when you’re out of contract. Sad

It’s likely that price you’re seeing in your account online is simply incorrect and we’ll get that raised to the relevant team to investigate further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

With regards to the 404 error you’re getting when trying to accept a new deal online, I’ll also raise this to the relevant team to investigate.

In the interim we’d be happy to offer you a new deal over the phone or via live chat, however I understand you don’t want to recontract. It’s worth nothing that the renewal link in your account when it works for you is to recontract. 

You've mentioned that when FTTP becomes available you’ll leave us without having to contact us directly. While we’d hate to see you leave I’d like to set some expectations that an FTTC service can’t be transferred into FTTP as it’s a completely different product with no industry wide migration process so you’ll need to request us to manually cancel your account down once you’ve got FTTP installed and phone line/number transferred out to your new provider. 

I do hope this helps clarify things. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

So it’s an error, the same one as you’ve made before for the same amount. Thought you’d say that... again.
Try harder next time 3/10
Thanks for highlighting the fttp/full fibre transfer process. Just need to find a good deal with static ip. As you charge me £10/m more than fttp should be anyway hopefully I’ll find one soon
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@ukguy1 wrote:
So it’s an error, the same one as you’ve made before for the same amount. Thought you’d say that... again.
Try harder next time 3/10

Now I’m a bit confused by this. Can you point me towards the previous instance please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet