cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discount not received and no reply to question

martincal

discount not received and no reply to question

Please could you tell me what is happening with the response to question #182827412 Chat Reference: 4300932538. I changed to a fibre broadband contract but with the first direct I did not receive the discount of £10 I should have had. I was promised that this would be sorted out and the discount refunded, but the status of the question is still "Awaiting support team answer".  I  need an assurance that this has been sorted out and the discount will be applied when the next direct debit becomes due.

Chat is unavailable and call waiting time 20 mins.

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 255

Re: discount not received and no reply to question

I have ensured that a refund has been issued for £10 and would expect this to be paid back in to the account your monthly bill is taken from, within the next 10 working days.

In regards to discounts moving forward, I have tried to ensure these are in place but I am not confident at this time that they are applying to the account as expected when trying to process these.

I am escalating the ticket on your account to myself to continue to chase this up with our billing team and double check to ensure that discounts are in fact, in place as they should be moving forward.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional
martincal

Harry Beesley

Many thanks for trying to sort this out. The period of the discount (as per Question 181831928) for my contract was 24 months from August 2018. In  Ticket 183457523  and one other one, the discount period is wrongly given as 12 months, please could this be corrected to 24 months from August 2018. I look forward to this being sorted out, the discount applied in future, and to receiving the refund.

HarryB
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 255

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I do apologise for any confusion caused by the automated emails advising of varying time frames for the discounts. These were generated while I was trying to work around a potential problems as I thought there may have been a problem applying more than 12 months discounts at a time (At which point I would have made sure we were monitoring the account to apply the remaining discounts after the initial 12 months was up)

I have now had chance to discuss your account with our billing team and they have confirmed the correct discounts (Amount and time frame) are now in place on back end billing systems.

I will continue to monitor your account until your next billing date to double check the discounts are deducting from the invoices as expected before closing this matter.

I hope this helps, thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional