direct debit date change

I need to set a date for my direct debit but it won't let me
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: direct debit date change

I'm afraid the current PlusNet billing system does not permit a change in direct debit date, it's set in stone as the date your service is activated.

We've been promised a new billing system for years nowRoll_eyes , which MAY allow the date to be changed...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mike22861

So the answer is to leave plusnet and rejoin on your desired direct debit date    ......   or not

Forndog
Dabbler

I was told by an advisor that this long time coming option would be available at the end of their year. I hope it will as this is the only negative point from plusnet, however I wouldn’t hold my breath.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So far we are about 3,650 days in to the year in which Plusnet promised the new accounts system.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

As an aside I have never really understood why people need to change / set direct debit dates. When ever their money comes in, they know over the following month they have £N of standing payments. What's the diffulty with them owning that responsibility of ensuring they leave sufficient funds in their bank accounts to meet those payments when they are due? Is this not rather passing the problem of managing cash flow to someone else?

If for example the current DD date were the 15th of the month and the customer wanted to move the day to the 1st or 28th (avoid issues with February) are they going to expect the supplier to manage the cash flow consequence of it being deferred 2 weeks ... or would they be content to pay 2 weeks early? Moving payment dates (and by implication billing periods) is not a tidy task. What happens at the end of contract? Where does the end day lay? On the original date - requiring a final part charge or aligned to the new DD payment date. I can foresee some complaining if such a change extended their contract ... even if just for two weeks.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.