Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

covid contract extensions

feesable
Hooked

covid contract extensions

hi,

i'd like to request that all existing contracts are extended as-are until we know what we're dealing with.

I'm autistic, on benefits, and live alone. if I lose connection to the Internet, I'm screwed.

my contract is coming to an end. i can't afford the increased price. if I move to another provider, and something goes wrong (like, a home visit is required and not possible because of covid), I'll be left without a connection. and that means without ANY CONNECTION, to anyone or anything. 

I don't understand the email you just sent - you've listed a 'different' deal which looks to me the same one that I'm already on. are you telling me I can switch to this 'different' service (which is the same service i'm currently using, but with a new 18m contract extension)? I looked at your site but it says that's only for new customers. and the 'new deal' you offer on the website is more expensive than the one mentioned in your email. why are you making this even more complicated to sort out?

please advise what's my safest action to take, here. I know you're a business so all you care about is your profits, but we are a great deal more vulnerable than normal right now. and my normal was already vulnerable. 

thank you, f. 

p.s. no i can't call your phoneline. i'm autistic. this is already stressful enough.
10 REPLIES 10
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: covid contract extensions

Hi @feesable

I have tried to call today, and have also replied to the message you sent via Twitter.

The email that you have received is just to confirm that your contract is coming to an end, and offers a new monthly cost for the services that you have. We are more than happy to help you with this.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Phill_G

Hi there. 

I am in a similar situation. PlusNet have contacted me to offer a new eighteen month contract, however I am keen to discuss this and look at options, but given the coronavirus outbreak, your call centre is shut and email unavailable. Whilst I am of course sympathetic to this situation and your need to protect employees, I agree with the sentiment @feesable that contract expiry should be halted and customers left on existing contracts until the emergency measures are lifted and the PlusNet team are available. I am potentially looking at a 50% increase if I do not renew, which I will struggle to afford.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @Phill_G

Thank you for your query!

Our Customer Options team are open and would be happy to assist in arranging a new contract to keep the costs down. You can contact them on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between 9am-6pm Monday to Sunday.

Please do let us know if we can provide any further support.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Phill_G

Thanks Katie.

I called the number before posting here, and was told no one is available and encouraged me to use this forum, the call was then disconnected.

Thanks.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Phill_G, I'm sorry for your trouble getting through.

As I type, the queue is at around 4 minutes. Alternatively if you drop me a PM with your contact number and a good time(s) to be reached, I can arrange for one of the team to call you to discuss renewal.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Phill_G

Hi. 

Sorry but every time I try calling, I get a recorded message say "we are unable to take your call, but we have lots of support available online...". I will try the PM approach (I had to Google what PM is - Private Message?).

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @Phill_G, I've arranged you a call back.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
feesable
Hooked

hi, as my email said, i'm autistic. phonecalls are extra stressful right now - especially when you do build up to being able to make one, and then your automated line says to use the forum instead. 

we are legally allowed to ask for reasonable adjustments. are you being told you are not allowed to provide them?

Phill_G

Hi @feesable 

So PlusNet really helped me out and I am sure they can do the same for you. Click on one of the names @LaurenB or @KatieC  and send a Private Message, they should be able to help you out.

Hope that helps.

Phill

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @feesable, I understand that you've advised that you are unable to speak on the phone.

You are able to take the offer that has been sent on the email (this service notice), there is a link you can follow to renew at that cost without the need to call us.

If you have any particular queries regarding the offer, as @Phill_G has mentioned you can PM us and we'll do what we can to help.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team