cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract renewal

jean4

contract renewal

Hi

My current/previous fixed 18 month contract with you was for unlimited fibre extra and unlimited UK & mobile calls  – (BT phone line charge is paid for under a separate annual contract which is not due for renewal until November).

As you’d recently advised, this 18 month fixed contract with you was about to expire (on 26 May I think) and so I sought to renew this on-line yesterday.

The offer I saw in my on-line account was for the same product but at a slightly reduced rate – i.e. unlimited fibre extra for £7/month and unlimited UK & mobile calls for £9/month. (For info, my previous charges for these had recently risen from £9 & £8 respectively to £9 for each).

However, on filling in the requested info, the confirmatory e-mail I've received appears to state that you intend to charge me £35.99/month rather than the expected £16/month as I believed to have been offered. Also, the commencement date of 21 May appears to be a few days prior to the current contract end of 26 May?

Since your e-mail appears to acknowledge my separate BT line rental contract, can you clarify / confirm exactly what charge is intended for the renewal of this unlimited fibre extra and unlimited UK & mobile calls 18 month "fixed" contract ASAP please?

For info, this is an extract from your e-mail:

Your special offer price

From 21/05/2020, your monthly subscription will be £35.99 for 18 months.

Following this your monthly subscription will be £49.98.

Please note: This does not include the cost of any Add-Ons, call costs or call features.

When your Line Rental Saver contract expires, you'll also start paying £19.99 monthly line rental.

5 REPLIES 5
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: contract renewal

Hi @jean4, I've sent you an email to confirm your monthly price and clear up any confusion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
jean4

Thanks Will - I thought I'd made a mistake on the web-site somehow - it wouldn't be the first time. I'm afraid I seemed to keep going around in circles trying to sort this out but then luckily "stumbled on" to this "community" option.

Re contract end / start dates - any reason for the overlap (i.e. previous contract ends 26th but renewed contract commences 21st?)

Jean

panda25
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thank you for contacting us.

Your contract usually starts on the next billing date, what ever that maybe. The difference in date is when the order was placed and the 14 day cooling off period is after the next billing date.

I am sorry the confusion.

Jo

Jo Clark
 Plusnet Help Team
jean4

Hi again

Thanks for the clarification - but from what you say, I'm still not absolutely clear about the significance of the different dates & I can't actually seem to see confirmation of my renewed contract date in "My Account". However, I am sure that the contract expiry date was previously clearly indicated. For some reason, that seems to have disappeared from this web page. No doubt it will reappear at some point?

That aside, I was waiting to see my bill before agreeing that my queries had been adequately dealt with in any case.

Having done so, I see my latest bill is for £29.99, comprising £9 for Unlimited UK & Mobile calls and £20.99 for Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Needless to say, this is NOT what I expected - nor is it what I was initially advised would be the case on opting for this particular contract - nor is it what I'd been advised by e-mail on subsequently querying the even higher amount indicated in the confirmatory e-mail sent to me.

i.e. the anticipated amount was £9 and £7 respectively for Unlimited UK & Mobile calls and Unlimited Fibre Extra - as confirmed by Will via this "Community" facility.

Once again, can you clarify ASAP please.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @jean4

I'm sorry you've had such a frustrating time with your renewal/upgrade of contract. I've checked over the account for you and provided a more detailed response over a support ticket for you. 

Thank you.