cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract ending 12th october

kjm57

contract ending 12th october

my contract ends 12th october . Can i ask the new provider to take over on the 12th or does it have to be the 13th?

or in the final week can the takeover be within a few days of the end date ? OR is there a penalty to pay?

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Re: contract ending 12th october

Hello @kjm57,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to see you are leaving us.

There wouldn't be any penalty or termination fees if your service cancelled with us on the day your contract ends. If the services are taken over before that date there would be a termination cost for the remaining days left of that agreed deal.

As long as your new provider has confirmed the the 12th is within the minimum period needed to perform a working line takeover there shouldn't be any problem.

In terms of leaving our service, if there is anything we could have improved on please feel free to PM me and I will ensure this is passed onto the relevant team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
kjm57

my contract ceases 12 October and i want to move to another provider. I am surprised that there is a penalty for leaving one day early.    Surely there should be flexibility within 48 hours of the contract end date ?

or the very least to allow the customer to pay to the contract end date but allow the new provider to take over on the day before

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @kjm57

I can appreciate what you're saying however there has to be a definitive cut off date for when your contract ends and at what point there would be no cancellation fees.

kjm57

thanks for your reply but if the customer is prepared to pay to the end date then why not allow that ? Plusnet would not have to provide a service if the new telecom provider took over a day earlier and the customer would pay Plusnet to the end of the contract so why not allow flexibility? No cost to Plusnet. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for the reply @kjm57. I understand your point but I'm afraid that's just not how it works; essentially there is a fee for each month remaining on a contract and so if you're leaving a day early, this would be a pro-rata fee and likely be a matter of a few pence. Also to consider is that as you'll have paid for your service for the month in advance, your final invoice would include a credit to cover that last day that you've paid for but not received.

I've added a bit more detail to this on the ticket here. If you have any further queries, please just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team