Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contesting an additional 2 year contract

noypi
Dabbler

Re: contesting an additional 2 year contract

Quote from: Chris
Unfortunately due to the length of time that has passed I'm unable to locate the call associated with this. Can I ask why you are only querying this 7 months after the email was sent which clearly lays out the agreement and the contract length?

I was offered a discount from September. camw February,  I noticed there was an increase so I thought mayvmaybe the offer was only for 6 months so I rang up in february to cancel my contract and I was told I jad to pay roughly £200 since I was leaving early.
apparantly I made phone calls to 0845 numbers which I thought were part of the free calls. I admit I called up some numbers but who can tell if they are the numbers included in the free calls or not?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: noypi
I phoned them sometime in September to negotiate a discount

They never give discounts without a contract for a set period - the bigger the discount, the longer the contract.
Just a thought, if you offered to pay the difference between the discounted amount you have paid to date and what you would have paid on a standard rolling contract there might be room for negotiation if you want out.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
noypi
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: noypi
I phoned them sometime in September to negotiate a discount

They never give discounts without a contract for a set period - the bigger the discount, the longer the contract.
Just a thought, if you offered to pay the difference between the discounted amount you have paid to date and what you would have paid on a standard rolling contract there might be room for negotiation if you want out.

I would definitely say no if it was for another 2 years.
the thing is, I like plusnet. never had trouble with them until this time. I probably wouldn't mind staying with them as long as they prove to me that I said yes for another 2 years. I even recommended plusnet to some of my friends.
I just don't like the fact that they can't seem to know the answer to my question on how they were able to send me a confirmation email..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You called in, spoke to someone, agreed a discount and we sent an email to confirm the agreement. This was back in September.
As others have said, we wouldn't provide a discount without some sort of contractual tie-in and the email we sent originally in September was the confirmation of this and provided a 14 day cooling off period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
noypi
Dabbler

You called in, spoke to someone, agreed a discount and we sent an email to confirm the agreement. This was back in September.
As others have said, we wouldn't provide a discount without some sort of contractual tie-in and the email we sent originally in September was the confirmation of this and provided a 14 day cooling off period.

thanks again chris for the reply.
are u saying that I phoned back in September because I said it earlier in my previous post or because plusnet now have a record of me phoning in sometime in September? 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As I've mentioned, we cannot find this call due to the time elapsed. There are notes on your account that show you spoke to someone in September and at the same time they emailed you the agreement with the new contract details on. You have confirmed that you made this call and agreed to a discount, as mentioned we do not provide discounts without a contractual period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
noypi
Dabbler

As I've mentioned, we cannot find this call due to the time elapsed. There are notes on your account that show you spoke to someone in September and at the same time they emailed you the agreement with the new contract details on. You have confirmed that you made this call and agreed to a discount, as mentioned we do not provide discounts without a contractual period.

I also mentioned that I wouldn't say yes to another 2 years.
are phone comconversations recorded? if yes, for how long?
as far as I can remember what was mentioned to me was a rolling contract.
the burning question still remains. how was the email triggered?
surely it goes something like this:
customer 1 rings plusnet and plusnet representative1 answers.  customer1 says he wants to signup for a contract and so plusnet rep1 says ok I'll sign u up. an email gets sent to customer1 and a record is kept with plusnet. in my situation, u are saying that I just happen to speak to someone then an email AUTOMATICALLY got sent to me? it wasn't triggered by someone on your end? assuming that email was sent to me by account representative 1. the question is, who informed account representative 1 that I wanted a 2 year extension?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but when someone has a conversation about a new deal, it's documented on the account, details of which are Emailed. Details are currently on ticket 91274496 which you can view on your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
noypi
Dabbler

Quote from: plusnettony
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but when someone has a conversation about a new deal, it's documented on the account, details of which are Emailed. Details are currently on ticket 91274496 which you can view on your account.

aha! finally! thanks for this info. if u answered my query earlier you could have saved me a lot of hassle. i must admit this is the first time to use the portal and had to search the ticket number u provided. another thing is, i don't usually check my emails. but when i did, i checked emails from plusnet and i didn't get that email saying about the conversation i had with Mr Carr (yes, i now know the name because u have provided me with the information that i think YOU only knew because the others can't even prove whether i did ring or not). although i can not prove that i didn't get that email, reading other members here about not getting their cashbacks also mentioned that some of them didn't get their emails even though they were sent.
perhaps now i can post this answer of yours to your colleagues so that they can start investigating the issue. i know they could do it themselves since they have the information in front of them. again, many many thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I can believe that you didn't receive the email with the contract details. I've just checked and I've received no email with my new contract details for by pending upgrade to FTTC.
KatC
Grafter

I can believe that you didn't receive the email with the contract details. I've just checked and I've received no email with my new contract details for by pending upgrade to FTTC.

Just had a look into this for you and due to agent error this was not sent as an email, however I can see a ticket has been raised on the account regarding the new contract. On the updated account systems, this requires a tick box to be clicked for the email to be sent to you. I'll raise this with the appropriate team to ensure agents are following the correct protocol with regards to this.
noypi
Dabbler

thanks jelv and katc for confirming about no emails sent at the time. the thing is, as I said yesterday, I don't regularly check my emails so even though plusnet sent me a confirmation email at that time, I wouldn't have read it.
when plusnettony posted the ticket number, I was so glad and calmed down hoping that the ticket number will give answer to my querry so I passed that info on so that they can proceed with my request to LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION OVER THE TELEPHONE.  what reply did I get? the contents of the email Sad
I don't know what to do anymore Sad I am seriously lossing hope. all I wanted plusnet to do is listen to the recorded telephone conversation (perhaps send me a copy as well) then I'll shut up and apologise if proven wrong.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That is an impossibility:
Unfortunately due to the length of time that has passed I'm unable to locate the call associated with this. Can I ask why you are only querying this 7 months after the email was sent which clearly lays out the agreement and the contract length?
noypi
Dabbler

I've already explained my answer to this question above.
when I telephoned maybe a couple of weeks ago, I got a different answer about how long recorded calls are kept. besides, I am afraid of calling anymore unless I also have a proof of the actual conversation.
jim:quote