cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contesting an additional 2 year contract

noypi
Dabbler

contesting an additional 2 year contract

hi plusnet. I am contesting an extension of my contract but plusnet insists that I give more proof who I spoke to, date and time I called and phone number I rang. it is already april 8  and mo longer april fools' day. do u keep a record of things like these when customers really do extend their contactracts?
I'm sure u can easily check your records but they insist I provide I provide the info.
28 REPLIES 28
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: contesting an additional 2 year contract

If you are getting a discount off the standard prices, or have just upgraded to FTTC it's 100% certain that you will be on a contract.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
noypi
Dabbler

thanks for your reply. when I spoke to the guy, I was under the impression that it will be a rolling monthly contract because I asked if I wanted to leave anytime I was told I could. so when I rang in feb this year, I was told that when I rang up in sept last year (when my contract finished), I AGREED to another 2 year extension. now I want to disprove that but I was told I have to provide the details on who I spoke to, when I rang and what time.
does that mean that if I can't provide the details, my phone call didn't happen? meaning I can leave plusnet now because my contract finished in September last year. right? if im wrong then please prove it to me that I phoned and said yes! pls add 2 more years! once u can prove it then I'lI gladly apologise.  thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry you feel that way however we did e-mail confirmation of the contract to yourself.
There's not much more detail I can add due to data protection I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You can see the text of the email sent to you if you search in your closed tickets.  Due to a recent change to the PN website you may find this difficult to find though!
The link is https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and you'll need to log on with your PN username and password.
noypi
Dabbler

thanks for the reply.
may I ask how the confirmation email came about? perhaps your answer will answer plusnet's questions to me Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Usually from you contacting Cancellations/Customer Options and them making you an offer
This is what mine said
  Dear Mr <snip>
Account username: <snip>
We're sending this email to confirm the details of your new contract.
Your new contract
Your package will be subject to a new 24 month contract.
This will take effect from 23/09/2014.
If you have any questions, you can contact us online using the Help Assistant or you can call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/

noypi
Dabbler

thanks for that screenshot.
may I ask u why or how u got that confirmation email? did u ring them up? sorry I'm not getting at u. it's just that my problem is so simple yet plusnet is making it complicated and I'm not sure what they are playing at. IF I did want a 2 year contract, isn't it logical that THEY have a proof that I said yes? because it seems that I have to prove them that I rang them sometime in september...hence the confirmation email. if I can't provide the details, then the conversation didn't exist, right?
my situation is so simple. plusnet is saying I agreed to another 2 year contract but I have to prove to them when that conversation happened? ?????
still waiting for answer from plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

as I inferred - I contacted Customer Options
It was to organise a reduction in the charges for broadband before I committed to another year of Line Rental
Did you or did you not phone them to negotiate a discount
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@noypi
You don't need to prove who you spoke to, we can see that directly on the ticket. I can also see that we have confirmed on a couple of occasions the details of the contract agreed via email over the last week or so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It might be slightly more helpful to let the OP know the ticket number so that they can look back at their closed tickets to confirm the text of the email?
noypi
Dabbler

yes I have recently received the confirmation email as I requested it to be resent to me. this is becoming insulting now. I WILL ASK AGAIN AND AGAIN. HOW DID THAT EMAIL COME ABOUT????????did someone dream about me asking for an extension?  is my question so difficult to understand?  I now know that there was an email sent to me but my question is, what made u send that email to me?????????
noypi
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
as I inferred - I contacted Customer Options
It was to organise a reduction in the charges for broadband before I committed to another year of Line Rental
Did you or did you not phone them to negotiate a discount

I phoned them sometime in September to negotiate a discount but im sure u was told it was a rolling monthly contract that's why I was surprised to learn it was for another 2 years.
the thing is, I have to prove to them what time I rang, the date and the person I spoke to before they could listen to the conversation. ..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately due to the length of time that has passed I'm unable to locate the call associated with this. Can I ask why you are only querying this 7 months after the email was sent which clearly lays out the agreement and the contract length?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
noypi
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
@noypi
You don't need to prove who you spoke to, we can see that directly on the ticket. I can also see that we have confirmed on a couple of occasions the details of the contract agreed via email over the last week or so.

thanks chris. Unfortunately I was told I have to give the details otherwise they won't listen to the conversation made in September. ...
as far as I remember, I rang plusnet in September.  this is probably why there was a confirmation email (which i requested to be resent. yes..i got the confirmation email recently that's why I am contesting it and I want proof that I asked for a 2 year extension over the phone...am I clear enough?  sorry if I am not clear enough