cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about Plusnet Premium

sharon

confused about Plusnet Premium

After I decided to upgrade to Plusnet Premium and Talk Anytime at the end of last year, it took quite a lot of time and confusion to get it happening.
(I'd been billed in all kinds of mad ways for ages - no call charges for months, and then having to pay them all at once - then my Direct Debit not being taken and me trying to convince them I really hadn't paid! That was kind of funny. Heh! Then the upgrade couldn't get processed for mysterious reasons and yeah, blah blah.)
But ANYHOO - it did finally get done, and that was fine.
Except that now I'm billed £15.99 a month instead of £11.99, even though I'm in a low cost area. I think I was charged 11.99 for two months - it's really hard for me to tell because my 'Transactions' page is such a crazy mess.
Now when I try to search for help, I can only find stuff about the new Plusnet Extra.
Meh - I am SO confused.
Is it me? Did I miss something?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: confused about Plusnet Premium

I think you did
PREMIUM = £15.99 (Market 3) or = £19.99 (Market 1 & 2)
(PREMIUM has a 3 month introductory pricing of £11.99 but then it goes up to £15.99 in M3 or £19.99 in M1&2).
EXTRA = £11.49 (Market 3)  or  = £17.99 (Market 1 & 2)
(EXTRA has a 3 month intro pricing of £11.49, which then stays at £11.49 in M3, but increases to £17.99 in M1&2)
sharon

AHA! So Premium was never going to stay at £11.99?
Where did I get that idea from? I wrote down copious notes and tables of comparison before I decided.
So much for THAT then.
Oldjim, you are so nice to come and help me, thank you. Would you say that going over to Extra would be the right thing for me? I never get near the 80 GB, so 60 would be entirely good.
x
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think the easy answer is - yes - if 60GB is fine for you and you don't see yourself going over it
This is where the answer comes from http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_premium_archive.shtml
sharon

I just knew joining the forum today would be a good thing - thanks again, dear oldjim ♥
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

A very warm welcome to the forum sharon Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
badwolf
Grafter

Welcome to the forums Grin
Meh... plusnet billing seems almost as drunk as British politics at the moment. My parents account (this one) keeps getting billed £11.99 for plusnet value, whereas it should only be £5.99 due to them being on a meerkat 3 exchange Cheesy They do sort it out pretty quick with a refund but it would be nice if they could fix it permanently Wink
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

When I went over to Premium in January it was supposed to be £6.99 initially and then after the first 3 months it would be increased to £11.99 a month according to the email I received. This was billed as £11.99 a month with a £5 discount, though I've only just got the third £5 discount via a refund, due to a big muddle over discounts as I was also receiving a discount for the Phone Anytime 3 Months Free Introductory Offer. Still not sure that it's all correct but it's somewhere near right anyway!
Somewhere between then and now Premium seems to have been increased to £15.99 but whether that's for Area 3 or not I can't fathom! Because I saw this and therefore assumed Extra was a lot cheaper than I would be paying after my first 3 months which had just finished, I went over to Extra but was charged £17.99 a month, having been wrongly billed for Market 1 and 2 even though I'm on a Market 3 exchange. This has to stay for the first 3 months so I will be getting discounts from my next 2 billls to give me back the total amount overcharged and hope that it will be put right when it should be! I only found I'd been overcharged when my 'Advance Notice of DD Payment' came through - the email I had when I signed up to extra said £10.99 going up to £15.99 after 0 months, which didn't make sense or relate to anything and I mentioned this to CS over the phone when talking to them regarding the £11.99/£15.99 Premium charges and what the Market 1&2 charges were for both in case we moved to a Market 1 or 2 area in the future. In fact, the first CS person I spoke to got confused by it all too and passed me over to a more senior person who frequents these boards and who sorted out the missing Premium discount (as 1st para) for me at the same time.
To add to this muddle I later found a Question in My Questions saying that I was due for another discount because of something to do with my phone account. I've tried to find out what it's about via an online reply to the question but that has only led to them waiting till my other PlusNet Extra mistake-generated discount has finished before they apply it and I still have no idea what it's for!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: badwolf
Welcome to the forums Grin
Meh... plusnet billing seems almost as drunk as British politics at the moment. My parents account (this one) keeps getting billed £11.99 for plusnet value, whereas it should only be £5.99 due to them being on a meerkat 3 exchange Cheesy They do sort it out pretty quick with a refund but it would be nice if they could fix it permanently Wink

Do you know if they went through an account type change?  We had a bug where some customer who went through a changed ended up with the wrong market pricing, which could explain that problem
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager