cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint, terrible customer service.

Sazw
Hooked

complaint, terrible customer service.

I'm writing here as a last attempt for someone to correct my account before moving my service elsewhere. I contacted plusnet regarding changing the first name on my account in October 2016 after having my name legally changed. I sent the required ID to the 'post room' twice, no update... I contacted yourselves by email several times to no response... I contacted live chat in December to be told it would be done, again nothing....

I have successfully updated all official paperwork long ago, banks passport, DVLA all utilities etc yet my broadband provider cannot seem to do it. I have sent the requested legal documents twice! Please sort this out or I will be moving to a new supplier who doesn't ignore their customers.

16 REPLIES 16
jamessc
Rising Star

Re: complaint, terrible customer service.

The customer service is absolutely disgraceful at Plusnet, truly abominable. It beggars belief that they are allowed to get away with even calling it a 'service' when it's so shockingly bad. The slowest and most unresponsive I've ever had to endure, you are far better off switching to a provider that will actually provide a service.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Sazw

I'm sorry to hear how difficult it's seeming to be, to update the name on your account.

I've had a look back through the notes on the account and made sure this has now been updated.

I hope this helps, I do sincerely apologise it took as long as it did to sort this out for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Sazw
Hooked

Hi Harry

I can see my account name has now been updated, shame it took 5 months.. However my plusnet emails are still being addressed with my previous name?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Sazw wrote:
my plusnet emails are still being addressed with my previous name?

Could you advise when the last one of these emails came through please. As your account isn't showing that any have been sent since I updated the name on your account for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you referring to the greeting in the email or the email address being used. If it's the email address you need to change that yourself: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Sazw
Hooked

Hi

No not the email address, I updated that a while ago. The greeting on the email is my old name.

Sent today 6/2/17 at 15:25

titled - How Hygge are you

The email opens with  - Hello xxxxx (old name)

Just frustrating to see when that is no longer my name

jelv
Seasoned Hero

If that was a bulk email, Plusnet will have done the extract from the customer database some days ago and passed it to an organisation that does the bulk emails. Looks like the extract was done before your details were changed.

Sazw
Hooked

I got confirmation of the name change on the 31st Jan so almost a week ago, I guess time will tell if it carries on or not

Out of interest, can anyone at plusnet let me know if I'm still in contract and if so by how long?

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I believe Jelv's response is the reason the name is incorrect on the email you received. Apologies for any confusion this has caused.

Moving forward, emails that come through your account should have the updated name on them, however please do let me know if you receive any more emails with the incorrect name and I'll chase this up for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dexter122

the worst company a have ever dealt with in the short space of 4 months I have been with them,services getting restricted for unpaidbills that are paid,taking money out my bank for bills that aren't mines send them bank statements as proof and still their no willing to refund me a have to ask my bank to charge ig back,am done with them going to go with a more reliable company and not one that's just out too rip u off,and ignore youe emails

jelv
Seasoned Hero

If the facts given by @dexter122 are accurate that's a new low for Plusnet - DD against the wrong account!

dexter122

the facts are bang on,services getting restricted for unpaid bills tnhat i have paid,i have been more offline than online with them,spoken to at least 20 different customer service advisors and every one tells you a different explanation,plusnet will do you proud??what a absolute joke that is 

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Telling that no-one from Plusnet picks up a serious complaint like this!

@dexter122If you use Facebook I'd suggest you post to https://www.facebook.com/plusnet which may grab their attention more quickly.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm struggling to find what's happened here, please accept my apologies for the confusion. I can see our billing team have requested a little more information from you.

Just on the off-chance, have you previously had an account with us or paid for someone else's service previously?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.