cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charges for unknown numbers

cdr
Hooked

charges for unknown numbers

I have been charged £62 in the space of a few hours for premium numbers. I wasn't even home when calls were made.
Contacting Plusnet is a farce. There is no way to contact an adviser directly without waiting for opening times and queuing for ages. Contact page on website is a massive fob off exercise. Please plus et can you take these charges off my bill???
12 REPLIES 12
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: charges for unknown numbers

Hi cdr,

Sorry to hear about this and I can understand your frustration regarding these charges. Unfortunately because these calls were made from your line we can not remove these charges. If you check through your itemised call list on your online account you will see what some of the numbers were for. One number is for a company called Rail Easy and another is for Virgin Trains. The other majority of numbers are to a premium rate service which I will not publish here

cdr
Hooked

Could you bar the 09 numbers please, as they are clearly grossly inflated and it looks like someone used them without my permission?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Unfortunately we are unable to bar calls made from your landline. The only way you would be able to do this is to set a pin on your handset if you have one which allows you to do this.

cdr
Hooked

Are you able to increase my cap for the time being in case we end up going higher than the credit that is left?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

cdr
Hooked

I dont want to add credit I want to increase the cap. The last time the adviser did it over the phone and i didn't have to pay up front, I just set a cap for the maximum i could be billed.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

you used to be able to do that but the facility seems to have gone

cdr
Hooked

Thank you.  it seems like service with Plusnet gets worse with time. it's bad enough having to share information with the general public in order to get support, which should be confidential and individual.~On top of that they appear to rely on the customers themselves to give support and advice!!! Very unprofessional.  All they seem to want to do is obtain money upfront. that process is always very quick and efficient, no waiting involved

Oldjim
Resting Legend

according to the help file you can do it via chat which will be much quicker

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@cdr,

If you have a DECT phone, they often have the ability to block calls by pre-fix.  Mine block calls to 09 & 07 numbers - anyone wanting to call a mobile can use their own mobile!! Cool

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cdr
Hooked

Thank you, what is a DECT phone? I will investigate. I don't have the time and dislike assistance by 'chat' and it's not what I signed up to. I am still looking to switch as I find Plusnet hype about the quality of their service highly misleading...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

DECT is a generic term for digital cordless phones.  You have a single base station connected to the phone line (ideally at the master socket) and then have as many cordless handsets scattered around the house as you need.  They generally have lots of features - handset to hand set dialling, phone book, call blocking, ring tone selection....

You might already have these, but not know them by the term DECT (handset).  generally these handsets can be used interchangeably with any base stations supporting the DECT standards.  Indeed you can have handsets registered to more than one base station.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.