cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing isp

danielmclean
Grafter

changing isp

i have placed a order with sky and sky have told me   there having problems due to bt/plusnet  and cant transfer it     

is this plusnet trying to get there £30 fee  or just  stop me leaving ?Huh

8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: changing isp

We wouldn't intentionally prevent you from leaving if that's what you wanted to do.

Leave that with me for now, I'll have a look over your account and get back to you.

I've had a look over your account and phone/broadband assets and can't see any reason why Sky shouldn't be able to take the service over.

I can see that we received a broadband cease notification yesterday, that would appear to be an attempt to take over the broadband asset, however we have had no notification against the phone line.

Then at 4am this morning, our suppliers advised us that the broadband order had been cancelled.

Are you taking both your phone and broadband to Sky? As they would usually place a simultaneous order, to take over both services at the same time to avoid you experiencing a loss of service, so if you are taking both to Sky, it's odd that a broadband cease was raised but no phone transfer.

I see you've contacted us this morning before making this post, and advised you'll be speaking to Sky about this again. Are Sky able to give you any more information about what specifically is causing their order to fail?

I appreciate they have advised "They're having problems with us/BT" but I'm not seeing anything on our side that should be causing problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
danielmclean
Grafter

i am moving everything to sky for plusnet line      and    there had problems for weeks with taking over lines from bt owned ips         sky said the only way to move forward with my order  thats on hold     is to cancel  plusnet and them to take the line   but plusnet will charge me   £30.00 cessation fee  for  that      so   wave the fee   and let me  

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If Sky place the correct type of order (gaining provider led transfer) rather than transfer the broadband on it's own, there should be no issue. Unfortunately we've seen other ISPs placing the wrong type of orders but really they should be following Ofcom guidelines. As you're moving to a non-BT provider on Sky's LLU network, the £30 will apply.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
danielmclean
Grafter

plusnet is llu     

so £30 charge is a blackmail fee   stay with bt  or  be hit with a charge  ?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Plusnet provide on the BT network (Basic Single Line), where as LLU providers such as Sky and Talktalk generally provide on LLU (Local Loop Unbundling/MPF lines).

This basically means that although some of the connection will run along the same Openreach maintained copper lines, LLU providers also have their own equipment in the exchange, unbundling themselves from the rest of the 'local loop'.

The cessation fee would be applicable when moving from us to an LLU provider:

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

When would I have to pay it?

You'd only need to pay the charge if the broadband service is being taken off your phone line. Typical reasons for this are:

• the phone line that your broadband's on has been cut off
  • you cancel your broadband account without switching to another provider
  • you switch to a provider who uses their own network (like a cable provider)
  • you move to a provider who uses their own equipment in your exchange (often called Local Loop Unbundling)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cooldude50
Rising Star

Facinating to see that virtually all the negative comments regarding cessation fee relate to "Plusnet"

https://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/broadband/hidden-broadband-cessation-charges/

danielmclean
Grafter

they waved my fee after few calls

@cooldude50 wrote:

Facinating to see that virtually all the negative comments regarding cessation fee relate to "Plusnet"

https://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/broadband/hidden-broadband-cessation-charges/

and  the others who are also partly owned by bt  group 

danielmclean
Grafter

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed from attachment as per Forum rules