Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of package - new 12 month period

Roswellgrey
Grafter

change of package - new 12 month period

It is highly likely that I am being very dumb here  Smiley ,
but for the life of me I cannot see explicit words within the T&Cs or the package change FAQ
( i.e. http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/change_broadband.shtml )
that makes it crystal clear whether the 12 month period ( i.e. the period in which you will repay setup charges and/or hardware charges if you cancel )
restarts if you change package ( e.g. from an old legacy package to say Plusnet Value )
I think the answer is that the 12 month clock started when you joined plusnet , and as such a change of package does not make any difference,
but just wanted to be sure ?
TIA
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: change of package - new 12 month period

The 12 month package starts for each freebie when you get it and has nothing to do with package changes
This is the nearest I could find about it
What happens if I want to cancel?
    * Our residential accounts require 10 days notice for cancellation.
    * If cancelling within 12 months of receiving a free connection or router you'll be charged for them.
    * If cancelling within 12 months of taking a free house move, you'll be charged for this
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/contracts.shtml#resAccounts
Roswellgrey
Grafter

As I thought, but just wanted to check Smiley 
Thanks .....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

see my edit after you posted
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Noted, and thanks again.
I (for want of a better phrase ) look after the "interests" of a relative, and it makes sense ( as they are on a Market 3 exchange) to
shufflle them across to the Value package from an old BBYW package, and I just wanted to ensure that my advice wasn't comitting them to any
additional contract periods ....