cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of account name and other things

obo1st

change of account name and other things

Hi,
Looking to achieve a number of things and wondering the best way to go about it. We currently have plusnet phone and fttc broadband, which is on a rolling monthly contract, and looking to:
i) change the account holder from me to my mother's name as I am moving out.
ii) retain the same telephone number for my mother
iii) downgrade the broadband to normal adsl
But a few questions arise:
a) Do I need to cancel the current contract and get my mum to sign up in her own name?
b) Will this involve a cessation charge?
c) Will she be able to retain the current telephone number?
My suspicion is that we will either have to:
1) transfer my current account to my new address, whereupon my mum will sign up in her own name but get a new number,
or
2) keep the current account in my own name and open a second account at the new address. This will retain the old number at my mum's house, but will we be able to downgrade the broadband? My mum has no need for fttc speeds on her own.
Is anyone able to shed any light on what we are trying to achieve here?
Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: change of account name and other things

Quote from: obo1st
1) transfer my current account to my new address, whereupon my mum will sign up in her own name but get a new number,
or
2) keep the current account in my own name and open a second account at the new address. This will retain the old number at my mum's house, but will we be able to downgrade the broadband? My mum has no need for fttc speeds on her own.
Is anyone able to shed any light on what we are trying to achieve here?
Many thanks.

Both of these sound about right.
I'd recommend giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Select the option for thinking of leaving) to discuss this, as they can arrange a house move (If you're wanting to keep the same account at a new address) or signing up a new account (For either the current house in your mums name, or for the new house you're moving to). They should also be able to discuss what they can offer on a new contract for ADSL on the account if you end up going down that route.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
obo1st

Re: change of account name and other things

Thank you Harry, I'll do that.