Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cashback ?

rhann2015
Hooked

cashback ?

hello
on the 11th june i signed upto plusnet but befor i signed up online i questioned the £50 line install fee where i rang customer services to ask about this.When i rang i was told by plusnet advisor that it was infact right i would be charged £50 line install fee even tho i had a BT line installed but it still needed activated. I then thought twice about getting the broadband installed because i had a couple other broadband deals in mind but the advisor said to me he was going to send me a email and if i am going to sign up i should go through the email link and i would recieve the broadband deal and cashback of £65.I questioned this because i thought it was too good to be true and he said it was correct.I went through the email and signed up.The terms and conditions on the email state

Unlimited Broadband with Weekend Calls £2.50 a month for the first 12 months with £65 cashback. Normally £9.99 a month.
* Available to customers who sign up to a 12 month contract and take Plusnet Unlimited Broadband with Plusnet line rental at £15.95 a month. For customers signing up by 23rd June 2015 at www.plus.net.
If you need a new phone line installing at your property, there is a £49.99 installation charge. Exclusions apply. Payment by Direct Debit required. £5.99 charge for router delivery.

I waited for my line to be activated by BT and broadband to be activated which took a few weeks and i was dissapointed to have to wait 4 days after my broadband got activated to receive my router. I contacted the online chat to ask about the cashback and i was told i have to wait 30 days after install date. I waited over 30 days then contacted help chat again to be told i should receive the cheque in a few days so i waited again.Then last week contacted chat again and was told id receive it on friday 31st july.I still did not receive anything so i contacted chat again on monday to be told i wasn't in fact entitled to get cashback and will not be getting it. I tried to explain to the ad visor could she look into it for me as i was misinformed then when i phoned to sign up and been informed 3 times i was going to get the cheque,but she basically repeated wont be getting one and when i said i would ring up to speak to somebody so they could expline better she just said the same thing wont be getting one.I think personally that is poor customer service to not even investigate the problem.I have also a note on my account that basically says if i ring up to not to escalate it because i am not entitled to anything by the ad visor. I have also raised a ticket on the 3rd that yet has been ignored.

5 REPLIES 5
BootneckSam

Re: cashback ?

My experience of cashback is very different. I got my £100 cashback cheque much sooner than expected and with no need to chase it up. However, the way you appear to have been treated is totally unacceptable, in my view. Chats are logged and you can request transcripts by email. If you have done this, you have a record of your conversations and the information you were given. I'd say that if you were notified of cashback in those you have them bang to rights. Despite repeated claims of great customer service, Plusnet do not make it easy for customers to get in touch with a human in my experience, relying on online FAQs, etc. Frustrating doesn't cover it sometimes. You are entitled to an explanation, not being fobbed off. There are other companies, of course, to take your business to.
thegame2k0
Grafter

I know the feeling i was promised £75 cashback and never saw it one advisor told me i'd be getting it, another said i didn't qualify and so on. Got fed up in the end.
rhann2015
Hooked

Yep and yet again I get ignored, I think I'm going to look into cancelling my direct debit and canceling and go down the root of being misold broadband and misguided by customer service advisor. I was with be unlimited be for sky took them over and was with them for 6 years and had no issues like this.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi rhann2015, looking at your account, it doesn't look like you were ever on a cashback promotion from signing up.
By any chance can you PM me the name of the agent you spoke to prior to signing up, who sent you the email so I can try to investigate this further.
Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rhann2015
Hooked

This was the email I recieved

I have had a reply from my question on my account which this is the reply
I have taken some time to look through the details on the account and can see that the promotional code that the account was set up with doesn� match any of the codes that related to cashback offers. Accounts can be set up via different promo codes that represent different offers. I can see from the picture you have included that the correct link has been sent by us.  However, as mentioned above, the promo code on the account does not match with the one you were sent, which suggests you may have signed up via a different link or possibly deleted the cookies so that the deal did not track.
I just find it very convenient it did not track