cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cashback

theoule
Grafter

cashback

Topcashback is offering £94 cashback for fibre, as well as Plusnet's £50 cashback, but only for users who are not upgrading from an existing account.
I currently have a plusnet account but for email only, for which I am not charged.
I want to return to plusnet for fibre, but when I log in to my account and ask to upgrade, I am taken to the business accounts page.
If I go in through Plusnet's front page and put in my phone number to check what service I can get, it says briefly that I'm already with Plusnet, then offers me all the new account discounts.
If I do sign up through Topcashback, will I get the cashback, as I am technically a customer already?
Could I get my husband to put a new account in his name?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: cashback

Hi, because you have an email only account you can keep that active and set up a brand new account. If you follow the instructions online through top cashback and sign up for a new Fibre account everything will go through fine. You will just need to create a new user name for your account.
Thanks
Ben B
theoule
Grafter

I've just tried to sign up with a new account, and as soon as I put in my phone number, it says I already have broadband and asks me to log in.  When I do that, and click on packages, after I select the one I want, it says "Sorry there's been a problem
It looks like something has gone wrong - please try again. If you keep having problems get in touch
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
It seems like my existing email account is attached to my phone number, and it won't let me open a new account. 
I don't want to do it over the phone as I won't get cashback that way.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theoule , If you raise a ticket to contactus.plus.net and request to remove the CLI and then post the ticket id on here then I can take a look at that for you.
theoule
Grafter

thanks, ticket ID is  #100214363
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theoule, i have now removed your cli so you should be able to place your order now.
Thanks
Ben B
theoule
Grafter

thanks, all working now.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cool