cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cashback fiasco

dnpark38
Rising Star

Re: cashback fiasco

Looks like I claimed it on the 11/12 March from an e-mail saying my broadband was up and running, which in fact it wasn't as OR had not been and fitted a Modem.
This e-mail looks as if I should have received a cheque in 30 days, now well past.
So Plusnet have you sent it? If yes how do I report a lost in post?
If no when will you be sending it please?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Had a word with a 'friend' who hinted that Plusnet were mis-selling their product
mmmm
dnpark38
Rising Star

Quote from: fharrystone20
Had a word with a 'friend' who hinted that Plusnet were mis-selling their product

Did he offer any advice for those having problems?
Anotherone
Not had anyone from Plusnet pick up on here today.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think (hope) Matthew may pick it up shortly Wink
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've sent the request off to our cashback team to get it chased up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Matthew
You will be one of several who have done exactly the same-with no results I bet U
Mis-selling the way to go I am afraid
dnpark38
Rising Star

Any good news?
Not got my cash back yet.
Anotherone
Champion

Um, whilst I appreciate your concern at not getting your cashback yet, there has been a weekend intervening since Matthew's post, never mind the fact that the Cashback Team will have to check and process things, and then the Post actually has to deliver a cheque to you (if this cash back offer was one being paid by cheque) so I'm not surprised you haven't got it yet. Apart from keeping an eye on this thread, keep an eye on your registered email address(es) for any information.
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Anotherone
What a condescending reply, as though the weekend will have any effect-'codswallop'
Who exactly are the ''cashback team''?
Of course no sign of my cheque- what a surprise!!
Anotherone
Champion

Condescending, perhaps it was. I haven't got a clue who the team are  - Plusnet obviously have a dedicated team and I suspect they work office hours, so frankly since dnpark38 has only just raised his issue and Matthew responded (that was Friday) expecting a cheque by today is a bit much.
As I said in reply #13 I haven't been following the issues in detail, and not being a new customer it certainly is not of prime interest. What I do know is that there is a small, but not insignificant, number of customers affected by what does seem to be a bit of a foul up. But if you need to be pro-active for the offer that you are affected by, in other words, respond to a link in an email once your connection is up and running, and if you haven't, as it seems dnpark38 may have been from the reply #14, then there are bound to be delays Roll_eyes
Whether you have been affected in the same way or for the same reason, I don't know.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Anotherstone, the cheque is well late now after the promised 30 days of it arriving with me.
Do you work for Plusnet or BT group as you come over as very defending of them, judging by these forums they are far from being what the advert in my newspaper today claim they are.
Anotherone
Champion

I suggest you try reading some of my posts, you will find I am highly critical of Plusnet where appropriate.
Also
Quote from: Anotherone
As I said in reply #13 I haven't been following the issues in detail, and not being a new customer it certainly is not of prime interest. What I do know is that there is a small, but not insignificant, number of customers affected by what does seem to be a bit of a foul up. But if you need to be pro-active for the offer that you are affected by, in other words, respond to a link in an email once your connection is up and running, and if you haven't, as it seems dnpark38 may have been from the reply #14, then there are bound to be delays Roll_eyes

I normally spend any time on this forum helping out fellow customers with technical problems and occasionally flagging other issues to Plusnet CRT members. I don't know the details of your issue, nor is it my business to find out. Whilst Plusnet are far from perfect, they tend to be a lot better than most of the others with off-shore call centres. Nor do I think the small number of customers that have the problems (out of a total of 800,000+) you see reported on on this forum justify a conclusion "far from" the claims of an advert which I assume is similar to the ones on TV.
You are obviously appreciative of my ensuring your post was drawn to the attention of a member of Plusnet's staff, so I'll leave you to it.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Thank you for explaining.
I have asked today in 2 or 3 of the Threads in these forums as I did here are those that have highlighted the lack of cash back or vouchers not being received have they now got them.
If the responses are positive then I can assume that Plusnet are just taking their time and not meeting the promised time.
Thus mine will arrive hopefully soon and I can have peace of mind.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Elsewhere, it looks like a 3rd party are (or at least have been) handling cashback: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138335.msg1219680.html#msg1219680
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ad47uk
Grafter

No cashback here either, I think it was suppose to be £35/ When I joined it was a choice of Talk Talk or Plusnet, the cashback got me to choose plusnet.
Seems like a lot of people have had problems with Plusnet cashback.