cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cashback fiasco

fharrystone20
Dabbler

cashback fiasco

How many of us have been promised cashback and never received it?
Surely if Plusnet told us that we would receive this cashback and did not,they are in breach of the agreement when we all signed a very very binding contract.Can they now do as they like? They certainly seem to be doing exactly thta. Perhaps they employ a third party to deal with the cashback?
They are being dishonest (in my opnion) and they contnue to apologise. Not good enough is it?
They have us over a barrel with the contract. I feel they should pay compensation to all who have waited past the 30 days they said it would take, say £5 a day,seems fair
So why don't we al get together in a class act against Plusnet and demand they keep their end of this transaction.
An ideas or do you think I am talking rubbish?
All the above is my own personal opinions and  ''without  prejudice''
33 REPLIES 33
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: cashback fiasco

Sorry to hear you haven't received the cashback yet.
As per my colleagues reply to your complaint if you don't receive it by Monday let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Mr Wheeler
My postman has just called--guess what?--NO CHEQUE from Plusnet.
Am I surprised, no
Time PN stopped being peurile and starting being honest with its customers
You 'enticed' us in with a promise of some casback or voucher and then renagued on the offer.
You are refusing to pay is that right?
Time to contact  david.leather@plus.net
He is the billing director in charge of customer experience?
I cannot imagine what the next message will say,had so many promises.
I was told that the cheque was issued on 15th March.to be delivered on 30th March
You are actually going to take money from my account in a few days, you don't mess about with delays there do you?
I really cannot at this moment think of anything else I seem to have covered most things
What does Andy Baker think of his team?
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi, I have discussed this with my fellow colleagues and we are going to cancel the cheque and issue you with a refund through your account.. It can take up to 5 working days for the cheque to cancel and you should receive you're refund through the account you use to pay your direct debit within 5-7 working days after the cancellation.
dick:quote
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A simple follow up question to a reasonable offer from Plusnet.
If the DD account has insufficient funds due to non receipt of the promised Cashback funds, will Plusnet not only pay the bank charges and any associated entry in the 'bad payers' listings but also withhold any penalties on continuation of the Broadband account?
C'mon guys.  Long past time to get this problem put to bed.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fharrystone20
Dabbler

Thank you Maurice
I am over 80 years of age and I find all this deviousness a little troubling
thanks again
fharry
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Hello Plusnet
Me again Sad
Just had a thought(whow)
I signed up to a Direct Debit mandate wit PN and they have my bank sort code and my account number, erhaps the others who have yet to receive the  £50 cashback have done the same?
Why can't PN transfer the money electronically to everyones bank acounts?
Goes instantly,simple,do all my cash payments that way.
I feel sure in this electronic age it is not beyond PN capabilities.
So why not eh? Save money and all this hassle they are getting,simple.
fharry
All above are my own personal thoughts and 'without prejudice'
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Feel free to e-mail me at:
dick:green Email address removed from a public forum to a hidden area for PN staff to see.
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Administrator:
Whatever happened to free speech
Please explain fully your reason to remove any e-mail address?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This is a public forum and email addresses can get harvested by spammers.
I moved it to an area visible to Plusnet staff.
If you wish I can replace it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi fharrystone20,
welcome to the forums by the way.
Strat is a forum moderator and is another Plusnet customer, as am I. It's never wise to post your email address where strangers can see it, it leaves you vulnerable to spam and phishing type stuff that could be far more costly than your current lack of cashback. This will, I'm sure get resolved very soon. Plusnet have access you your email address and other details through your account anyway.
fharrystone20
Dabbler

Hello
Thanks for your replies
All sounds very reasonable to me-good advice for everyone-Ta again
dnpark38
Rising Star

I have been with Plusnet over a month now and not had any cash back as yet, when is it supposed to be paid?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi dnpark38.
There's two "threads" about cashback. I've not been following the issues in detail, other than noting that the situation seems pretty appauling.
Have a quick read of this one and this one. There may be some relevant information that might give you a better overview. Having said that, now that you've posted about it, I'm sure one of the CRT will pick this up and find out what is happening with yours.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Quote from: Anotherone
I'm sure one of the CRT will pick this up and find out what is happening with yours.

Those threads make it look grim, yes I hope I get a response from Support via this.
Did not realize I had to be proactive on this thought it would happen automatically, although I'm wondering if Plusnet wait until I have paid a few times so they got some money from the customer to cover the cash back.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png