cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant change direct debit date

leoaugust

cant change direct debit date

Months now i've been asking to change my direct debit date. Simple thing like that,plusnet cant do that so every month i'm charged £1.50 for paying by card over the phone. It seems very unfair that,i pay my bills on time(day I get paid)but still incur that charge. Fix it up plusnet, its 2013 surely your system should be able to do that..
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: cant change direct debit date

It can't be changed! Similar requests have been made many times on here over the years.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

but it should be possible to change the date of the direct debit
every other company I have direct debits with can change the date, even my mobile phone contract(s) started with an odd date and have subsequently been changed so there all on the 1st of the month, many people struggle to budget if the bills come out at odd times during the month and most of the people who use PlusNet are clearly doing so because their budget is slim (because there cheapest operator with a decent package offering without strange limitations being applied for using part of the service)
it does seem rather strange that they are unable to change the date of the direct debit, even if the billing date remains static....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately that's the inflexibility of the current billing platform, we know that people want to be able to change the dates but at the moment this isn't a trivial thing to do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

well if that's the case then its probably best not to change the system given that it actually works right now.
the last thing people need is a repeat of the billing scandals that have plagued some of the other utility companies
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you