Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot change Member Centre password

carl0s
Rising Star

cannot change Member Centre password

Hi

I have updated the password on two of my accounts, and this has taken effect for the broadband connection but unfortunately has had no effect on the actual login password for the member centre.

How can I change the member centre password ?

The only place I can find, and this used to work, but it appears it is no longer in sync with the newer-style member centre, is this url: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mydetails (found by going to Manage Account -> More... from the main member centre area).

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: cannot change Member Centre password

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @carl0s, you can reset this on our website here

Please get back to us should you have any further issues

carl0s
Rising Star

That's not working. The captcha is failing every time - "Please make sure you have entered the verification code correctly"

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

@carl0s Sorry to hear this hasn't worked. If you call our customer service line on 0800 432 0200 one of our advisors will be happy to reset this over the phone.

carl0s
Rising Star

I was hoping to not have to do that.
Why does the change password option not actually change the member centre login password any more? It used to. Can somebody confirm that the captcha on the "forgot password" page that you just sent me to is broken as well?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @carl0s,

Thanks for coming back to us.

The "Change Password" option should reset your Member Centre password - that's it's primary function (with the router password being updated as a secondary offshoot of this).

I'm aware of intermittent issues with the Captcha system when trying to reset webmail details but not from the actual Member Centre - I'll flag this with our network team accordingly.

In the interim, if you are hitting a snag when trying to do this online, I would suggest contacting one of my colleagues as per Satta's advice. I appreciate that this isn't ideal, but it will provide the outcome you need.

Best wishes

Dave

carl0s
Rising Star

Hi Dave. The situation with the website is that I used the Change Password procedure, and gave the details to a new IT company. I do not want to share the existing password that I had used for this customer. The new IT company came back and said they couldn't log in with the details I gave them.

Having done the 'Change Password' procedure, I am left in a state where:

• Member centre login still requires old password
  • Change Password does not accept old password as being the correct 'current' password, even though this is what is still required to log in to the member centre.
  • The connection / router is operating with the 'new' password, so that part did indeed change.

These accounts have been around for a while, certainly before the member centre revamp.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @carl0s

My apologies if I've misread your post, but we wouldn't require you to share your existing password when you contact us to resolve this - we'd take you through secondary security as if you did not know the password.

Just as an aside - have you deleted the cache/cookies/temp internet files from your browser and/or tried a clean install of a new browser? If the router password has changed there is no logical reason why your browser would not accept the new password unless it was "remembering" old data from a previous login.

I've updated your account with instructions to change the password so that if you do contact my colleagues, they'll be fully aware of the situation.

Best wishes

Dave

carl0s
Rising Star

Sorry yes you have now misunderstood. It's not my account in question, it's one of my customers.
I am their IT person. They now have a new IT person (the business sold out) and I did not want to give the new IT person the Plusnet password because it is one I have used elsewhere, hence the need to change it before passing the info on to them.
This has nothing to do with my own personal Plusnet account. These are business customers of mine with Plusnet business accounts.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for clarifying, we'd just need to advise giving us a call so we can get that dealt with over the phone with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
carl0s
Rising Star

This has been resolved by a helpful person in customer services.

Interestingly, when he asked me for characters 2 and 11 from the password, it was also the 'new' password (the one that the member centre wouldn't accept) that was in use.

The agent removed 'plusnet portal login (old version)' and then re-added it (the package/option), and the new password was accepted.

Since I had this problem with two separate accounts, I suspect your technical people may want to fix something system-wide.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for the heads up. I'm glad to see that's been resolved and I'll pass on the feedback about the issue with the password reset. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team