cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation fee

ctarry86
Hooked

cancellation fee

I have Unlimited Fibre Extra for £26.17 a month. My contact runs out on 9th June 2023

Any ideas how much to cancel?

2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: cancellation fee

From https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/ 

Unlimited Fibre Extra Package 	Monthly Charge
Broadband Only^ 	£11.56
Broadband & Phone 	£13.93
Broadband & Phone (Line Rental Saver)* 	£3.74

So 11 months at £13.93 according to the Legal page if "The early termination charges set out in the tables below apply to any customer who signed up to a broadband or broadband and phone contract before 10th December 2019:"

Else

"For any customer who signed up to a broadband or broadband and phone contract after 9th December 2019, early termination charges are calculated as follows**:

• monthly charge (factoring in any monthly discount to which the customer is entitled);
  • deduct VAT at the applicable rate;
  • reduce the charge to take account of any costs saved because of leaving early, such as wholesale costs;
  • deduct 1% for early receipt of payment;
  • multiply this figure by the remaining months of the minimum term. Any part of a month in the remaining minimum term will be charged daily on a pro rata basis;
  • add VAT at the applicable rate to the final amount."

Please see https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/early-termination-charges/  for more

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: cancellation fee

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine