Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing issue

hercules
Grafter

billing issue

Long time since I was back to the forum, but something is really wrong:
I used to have both phone and broadband but since July I migrated my broadband to O2. I used the MAC code you supplied me with and since have been using O2 for broadband.
Script User - Automated Script Pool
1:28am, Monday 21 Jun 2010
The Question 33815288 has been released from hold and sent back to Cancellation - Mac

Dear hercules,
Here is your MAC Key that you can use to migrate your broadband from Plusnet to another provider if you wish:

Never late than never, I just realised that I have been paying for Plus net broadband too all these months.  Could you please confirm that this is your fault and that there is going to be a refund from your side?
my username is ilakast
this is an example for October
1 Call charge for the period to 28/10/2010 £5.86 £1.02 £6.88
1 Plusnet Value charge for the period 28-10-2010 to 27-11-2010 £5.52 £0.97 £6.49
1 Talk Evenings & Weekends Line Rent charge for the period 28-10-2010 to 27-11-2010 £9.57 £1.68 £11.25
Net Amount £20.95
VAT Amount @ 17.5% £3.67
Invoice Total £24.62
the plusnet value shouldn't be there...
Thanks  Sad
10 REPLIES 10
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: billing issue

Yeah, we'll sort.  We are reliant on a message coming back to us saying that your MAC key has been used.  If we don't get that, we don't know to remove the broadband.
Pop into help assistant and raise a ticket and it should get sorted (and refunded!) soon.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
hercules
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Pop into help assistant and raise a ticket and it should get sorted (and refunded!) soon.

I did that almost at the same time you were posting it, still waiting for a reply.
Just for the sake of it, since nothing can be undone:
Quote from: Kelly
We are reliant on a message coming back to us saying that your MAC key has been used.  If we don't get that, we don't know to remove the broadband.

For plus.net's bad luck, I had raised a ticket back then with the following content:
Question #34027992 - Your Feedback
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to confirm that the migration to my new ISP provider is
completed, as of today.
According to http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#_Toc161080435 the following step is
"When we receive confirmation that the migration has completed, our systems currently will automatically downgrade the account to a non-subscription dial-up account."
Thank you for your service.
Kind regards,

and I did get a confirmation back:
2:04am, Thursday 1 Jul 2010
Dear Mr hercules,
Your request has now been passed through to the Cancellations team.
We'd like to know if there have been any issues which have prompted you to request a migration code or cancel your account. If you're moving home, have an issue with your account, or are considering another provider then we'd be more than happy to discuss this with you and see if we can help.
We've recently released new and exciting products that may be of interest to you. Further info is available on our website:
http://www.plus.net/
One of our team will call you back to discuss your cancellation request, but you can also call us on 0845 140 6002 between 9am and 5:30pm Monday - Friday
Kind regards,

So, it doesn't make sense plusnet just didn't notice that I migrated to another ISP. It's more like "if nobody complaints, we will keep on charging him". The amount can easily be "hidden" into the phone line bill, cause it's a mere 6,5 pounds, that's how it was escaping my attention this whole period of time. And, always it takes longer for someone to refund you, than for wrongly charging you in the first place...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked your account and can see that we did respond with a question for you yesterday. Please reply and let me know via this thread when you have and I'll make sure your ticket gets some attention.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hercules
Grafter

Thank you Adam.
I just replied so I would greatly appreciate it you flagging my request up.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

hercules,
I've just dealt with this for you, I've refunded the invoices taken since you migrated away and have closed the account.
Please see ticket 37339603 for the exact details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hercules
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've just dealt with this for you, I've refunded the invoices taken since you migrated away and have closed the account.

Adam,
really appreciate it. I hope you are referring only to my broadband account with plus net and didn't close my line rental too Smiley
Will confirm when everything gets sorted bank-wise too.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, just to clarify it was just broadband I was referring to.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hercules
Grafter

funds received, thanks Adam for your action
will double check in my next bill that the broadband is removed from my bill once and for all
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI the account is due to downgrade to a generic services account (i.e just phone, no broadband) at the end of this billing month.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hercules
Grafter

confirming that. the plusnet forums are the best feature of plusnet
dick:quote