Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing have over charge me already for line rental

peteholland

billing have over charge me already for line rental

Hi There
New Account: unlimited broadband deal
Account username: peteholland
If so can you help me try to sort my account out please?
I have recently joined up online on your package of unlimited broadband deal and wonder why you have taken up direct debit on the day of my broadband issue date of 12 December 2014 ,as I am having to pay my current phone line provider a sum of funds until 30 December when you say you will take the phone line over, surely you should reimburse me for the line rental until the 30 December as the offer was for free broadband and I only paying for line rental on a twelve month contract at 15.95p!
By the way, when will I received a cashback or a website link to claim the 75 pounds that is due to me
Thank you
I hope you can sort this matter out as soon as possible
Kind Regards
Peter Holland Huh Sad
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: billing have over charge me already for line rental

So far we've taken the first months line rental and broadband fee, the broadband discount meant that all you actually paid was the line rental. This is completely normal and we won't take a second bill from you until your services have been active for 30 days, so you're not paying for service you aren't receiving.
10 days after your service goes active you should receive an email to claim your cashback, click the link in the email and you'll receive the cashback within 30 days.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
peteholland

hay
further to your reply ,just check my billing and at it says next bill date is 12 January 2012  , well its a bit rich ,when in your reply after 30 days so thats February 2014 !
Angry
Chris
Legend

Your broadband went active on the 12th December, 1 month from that is the 12th January.
I can see that your phone line hasn't yet gone active, so on the 12th January you'll only be billed a pro-rata amount for the time this was active in that period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jmatt81

When you signed up you had the choice to pay the initial charge (1 month line rental) by debit card then or by direct debit. You chose the latter and I chose the former. I went live on 10 November. I didn't pay again until 15 December which is for 10 Dec - 9 Jan.
peteholland

As yet still no link and so far no email which was promised within 10 days of go live.  I have raised tickets, spoken to customer services on 3 occasions and used the chat line, I have got nowhere!!
Joshc
Grafter

Hey,
Peter Holland.
I can see how frustrating it must be not to be informed in regards to the cash back offer.
I am really sorry for the confusion . I will personally make sure that the cash back offer will definitely come your way.
It can take up to 30 days from when you have signed up to receive  the email. We are still within those 30days. However I
will be chasing it up for you and I have raised a question on your account (96662561)
I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.
peteholland

Hay As yet still no link for cashback and so far no email which was promised within 10 days of go live re customer service !
so far as a fed up user with full of promises you cannot keep!
Chris
Legend

Hi there,
The email will have been sent to the email address shown on your account, in this instance that's your new Plusnet email address. If you log in to webmail.plus.net and enter your username and password hopefully the mail will be there for you.
peteholland

Chris
Just a note, before sending your reply can you get the facts right!!
I have check my Plus Net account since it was first open back on 12 December 2014 <snip> and as yet no email or no link!
I have to say about that apart  email and did not check the facts and that customer service is awful and have no ideal what’s going to on before sending out this reply before first checking that the link as gone to above webmail address!
I rest my case and will now forward a Email to Your CEO
Huh
jim:green email address removed mod:end
Chris
Legend

Sorry if I was incorrect, I'm unable to log in to your emails and see if this was there so I had to take a guess. I've requested this email be sent to you asap and I'll respond when I have more information.
peteholland

I signed up with Plusnet and signed for a package with cashback. The contract stated i would receive the cashback email within 10 days of activation, its now long past that time. I have written numerous emails etc to plusnet customer services, and spent ages with different staff members on the phone. Despite all this i have been offered no reason for their failure to give me the cashback as stated in my contract with them. I intend to take stringent measures shortly because i have had enough! Angry