cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billed wrong... used monthly allowance in 2 minutes? 20gb!!! charged extra!!

flamieuk

billed wrong... used monthly allowance in 2 minutes? 20gb!!! charged extra!!

never posted here before, so here goes.
i recently changed down from the 60gb to 20gb useage plan.
at 00:08am i got the product change email (fine i think)
at 00:10am i get another email, you have exceeded your allowance for the month (20gb) and you have been charged extra for this.
now dont get me wrong, i do get some decent speed now and then, but even plusnet cannot deliver 20gb of raw data in 2 minutes, its not physically possible over a BT phone line!
so i opened a ticket.... and thats where im still waiting, i've now been billed on my d/d for this charge that should never have happend, its not acceptable at all! given the poor speeds ive had lately (less than 20kbs im some times) and the BT engineer who called me to visit then never came, im about done with plusnet now, never had a problem until this last 2 months, and its getting worse, i get constant disconnects even when directly connected to the Thompson router i have via ethernet never mind wireless. i do start to wonder what im actually paying for since the majority of websites either load super quick, or i can go make a tea and come back and theyre still going.(its the same website)
bit disapointed right now, i heard good things about plus net, but i certainly havent experienced these things.
4 REPLIES 4
flamieuk

Re: billed wrong... used monthly allowance in 2 minutes? 20gb!!! charged extra!!

Question #40986147
my useage seems to have reset itself, which is good, but still no word on a refund...anyone got 5 mins to look at my ticket and sort it please.
James
Grafter

Re: billed wrong... used monthly allowance in 2 minutes? 20gb!!! charged extra!!

Hiya,
Sorry about this - it sounds like your product change occurred fractionally before you were due to be billed.
Whilst I can't issue a refund until the payment has been made, I've added a discount of £5 to your next bill - I hope this is okay.
flamieuk

that will do nicely James, thanks for the swift reply.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks Jameseh,
Also we've added your details to an internally raised problem which is being investigated about this issue so we're working on getting it resolved.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.