cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billed twice!!!

mathewlisett
Grafter

billed twice!!!

i paid the bill on the 24th which is shown on the bank statement and the amount is clearly shown as debited.
"24 Jul 2012 Visa Plusnet Plc 0845 1400200 SHEFFIELD"
but just checked to find the day after on the 25th the exact same amount was taken again.
25 Jul 2012 Visa"Plusnet Plc 0845 1400200 SHEFFIELD Withdrawal 24 July 2012"  WTH is going on, and its not a refund etc as the amount of money is clearly deducted from the remaining money in our account
EDIT:
just refreshed my eyes and it doesnt seem to be just plusnet at issue, there has been another payment with the exact same issue by another company, so im guessing something has happened in the banking system.
8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: billed twice!!!

Which Bank is that?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yeah, I just checked your account and we've only raised one invoice for you so should have only sent one DD request!    Let us know if we need to look any futher!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I bet his account is with Nationwide
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18999135
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mathewlisett
Grafter

yeah nationwide. i had sent a message to them demanding my money back, so lets see what happens
who would have thought that they would still mess with our money after all the issues caused
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I paid my TV Licence on 24th July. Guess what...!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

From what I've seen on the News, they are putting the money back into the affected accounts overnight tonight.
mathewlisett
Grafter

on the site when you log in
"Issued 5:30PM on 26 July 2012
Jenny Groves, Divisional Director for Customer Experience at Nationwide Building Society said:
"Nationwide wishes to apologise to those customers affected by an issue which has affected some of our debit card customers. Debit card transactions made on Tuesday 24 July were processed twice and affected 704,426 accounts (once on 24 July and once on 25 July) due to human error. The error, which came to light earlier today, will be corrected tonight.
"A small number of customers will have been adversely impacted, estimated to be less than 50,000. All charges will be refunded in full and any costs associated with this error will be reimbursed in full. None of our customers will suffer financial loss as a result of this one-off error.
"We apologise once again for any inconvenience or uncertainty caused by this error.""
message we got when i first enquired about it before i knew what was going on
"Thank you for your message.
We have identified an issue where some current account card transactions processed on the 24th July were duplicated on 25th July. This is a one off isolated incident and the duplicated transactions will be corrected overnight tonight. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and we can assure you that should you incur any related charges these will be refunded in full."
"correction" has been done
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've checked my account and they have reversed out one of the debits.