cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billed despite cancellation

marcus3

billed despite cancellation

In November 2018 we changed from PlusNet to BT but PlusNet have continued to bill us.  I have just had to pay £88.22 to avoid the threat of a debt collection agency being involved.  I have spoken to BT who have said they informed you (PlusNet) when we moved from you in November.  We have tried to make contact with PlusNet on 4 occasions and had to wait lengthy waiting times to get through.  Eventually on getting through my wife was put on hold and then cut off.  We no longer use the line and have not done since November when we moved to BT and fibre optic.  Unless and explanation can be provided I would like the money refunded.

We have cancelled our service with you, please take this as cessation of our contract backdated to November when you were originally informed.  I spoke to a very polite and helpful operator this morning and they suggested I raise this post as it is very difficult to contact you otherwise.

4 REPLIES 4
maureen49

Re: billed despite cancellation

Guess what - I have just had a bill when I cancelled in January!!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @marcus3, I'm sorry to hear you've continued receiving bills after starting a contract with another provider.

I notice in your post you mention moving to BT for Fibre and no longer using the line.

If this is on an FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) connection, we would not have received a leaving notification from the FTTP provider, as FTTP does not run down the same infrastructure to the property.

If based off what you've said, this assumption is correct, I'm afraid any payments on the Plusnet account would be applicable unless you contacted us to arrange the closure of the account back in November.

I appreciate your new provider may have advised you that they would have done this, however this does not happy when migrating from an ADSL/FTTC connection with one provider to an FTTP connection with another provider.

If this is the case, I'd recommend contacting your new provider to discuss this further as it seems they may have set the false expectations of them closing your Plusnet account having not sent us a notification to take over an ADSL/FTTC service and/or Phone line.

Having said this, I would also have to advise that the account holder contacts our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange for the closure of their account.

Hi @maureen49, I'm sorry to see you've been incurring charges after your services migrated away.

I've escalated this with our billing team and will provide an update via the account once I have received a response regarding this.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
marcus3

Hi. My husband has contacted you to sort out this mess as I have been increasingly frustrated at trying to contact you over the phone, unacceptably long waiting times and when I do get through I get cut off !!!!  Take this instruction as cancellation of my account forthwith.  I do not expect to be billed for the payment in February, if I am I will have to contact Ofcom to seek advice.  I have contacted BT for them to confirm in writing that they contacted you. 

Jane Twomey

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @marcus3,

I'm afraid that we are unable to accept cancellation requests through our community forum. Please call our customer options team directly on 0800 013 2632. They are open between the following times:

Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

As long as the account is cancelled before the next billing date, no further invoice will be generated and if it is we can refund you for services not received past the cancellation date agreed with the above team.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional