Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bereavement help

FIXED
supersports12
Dabbler

bereavement help

hi

my father passed away a few weeks ago, and i need to discuss his account with plusnet, last time i tried it took ages to get through, and recent attempts i've given up waiting.

Last time i spoke to somebody ( who was very kind) mentioned i needed to get my mum on the line, so we could sort a new account out for her, so u had to leave it that day, as i live 40 miles away, and work away as well. My mum is 81 this year, and i don't want to have her hanging around for up to 30 mins plus on the phone, as she gets immensely upset

is there an easier way to contact plusnet, to get this sorted  else i may have to be forced as the executor of  my fathers  estate, to cease the service that is in my fathers name ( home phone and broadband) , and then take out a new contract  as  a new customer in my mums name, either with plusnet or another provider, and cancel the direct debit etc. Bills are getting paid, but that  bank account is now in my mums name.

is there a more efficient way to get her onto a new home and phone deal with plusnet  as a new customer and not having her wait so long on the phone, (my fathers death is very raw for her still). i have managed to get other utilities switched no problem over the past few weeks onto new accounts in her sole name, without her having to talk to anybody.

obviously i could go straight to another provider, sign up online, and just terminate the plusnet service. my late fathers emails address etc are effectively shut down down now, but plusnet has provided awesome service , and i recommended them myself

any help advice plusnet staff could give would be greatly appreciated:)  even if you want to ring me and discuss whats the best approach to sort this out.

thanks

dave

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: bereavement help

Hi Dave.

First of all I'm sorry for your loss, I know how difficult a time this is. Please accept and pass on my condolences to your family.

If you can send me a private message with any account details I could use to locate the account (username, landline number, full address etc) and the best contact number to get you on I'll be happy to call you back to talk you through the options.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Dave,

This is not much help, but I am sorry to hear about your loss. It happened to me with my dad, exactly two years ago to this day.

So without going into too much detail in public, there is one place I have to visit today.

Feel free to PM me if you want any help or advice.

supersports12
Dabbler

thanks for your kind words , i know that feeling very well, and even when your getting on  for a few years yourself, losing a parent is still tough, and you cant always keep your chin up all of the time

regards

dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for taking my call today Dave.

I am once again sorry for your loss. As discussed, I've transferred ownership of the account to your mum, sending you an email and private message with more information.

thanks for your kind words , i know that feeling very well, and even when your getting on  for a few years yourself, losing a parent is still tough, and you cant always keep your chin up all of the time

Having gone through this myself about a month ago with my grandad, I don't think bereavement is something anyone will ever fully get over, or at least it'd take a very long time. Sad but I guess all we can do is think of the good times.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sorry to hear of your news too @Gandalf

Yep I visited the graveyard yesterday as the 23rd November was two years to the day. So I felt obliged to go.

To cut a long story short, I was having trouble finding the gravestone and wasn't sure if I could before it got dark.

Eventually I did, and I was like a contestant who found a crystal in the Crystal Maze Smiley

All done, and I was as happy as I could be.

(Sorry mods and others, I know it's not a happy thing to talk about, but that is the way it is).