cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awaiting refund after switch

pandy6

awaiting refund after switch

I have switched providers away from Plusnet on 03/09/2018, however I received a bill on 02/09/2018 which lists charges up to 30/09/2018. I have called about this twice in the past month, both times the operator promised a refund (for the 28 days or so of unused fibre internet and line rental that was charged) and an email confirmation. None have arrived yet, not even the email, nearly 20 days after the first call.

How long do I have to wait for the refund? 

20 REPLIES 20
LR1
Hooked

Re: awaiting refund after switch

I'd be interested to hear PlusNet's response to this. I am in a similar position and due a refund.  I was told it had been processed but I have not received it. When I spoke to someone on the phone they asked to see a copy of my bank statement to 'prove' I hadn't received the money back. I sent a anonymised doctored version as I am not happy about giving such confidential details but no response a week later. Perhaps PlusNet would like to send me a copy of their bank statement proving the refund has been paid?!

gerrarda
Dabbler

I wonder if Ofcom been alerted yet to all these billing issues especially for ex-customers. They need to get on top of these fast. I notice plusnet haven’t suspended their advertising yet so still trying to get more customers when they can’t seal with existing or ex ones yet. It’s discusting we are having to wait 45 mins plus to get through on the phone and with little chance of them sorting issues at fort attempt
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @pandy6 and @LR1,

I'm very sorry that you're both awaiting your refunds and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've had a look into these issues for you and have replied via tickets on your accounts as my responses contain account specific information.

@pandy6, you can view yours here and @LR1 you can view yours here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
clarissam

Hi, 

I have the same problem, I am waiting for a refund since 7th October, I have contacted customer service (Question 182405971) over a week ago, but no one got in touch with me. 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @clarissam

Sorry to hear you have not received your refund as of yet and please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm afraid the department I need to contact are currently out of office, however I will pick this up with them tomorrow and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
LR1
Hooked

So PlusNet, your promise that "you will receive your refund within 5-10 working days at the latest" are up …. and no money.  I expect the funds back in my account in the next two days or I will be taking it further.  It is amazing that you never had any problem taking the money from me but now I am due money back from you it has taken a month and I'm still waiting.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that.

From what I can see your refund request was raised incorrectly.

I've moved the ticket to our billing teams workflow to send you a cheque as soon as they can.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pandy6

Hi,

I am also still awaiting my refund.

LR1
Hooked

Per my message against the Question I will be raising a formal complaint.  It is simply not acceptable to say you will be sending a cheque "as soon as they can".  The money should have been returned straight away as there was a credit on my account.  Having raised the query I was then told it would be back to me within 2 weeks and now you say the request was raised incorrectly and I'll have to wait …. no idea how long …. just "as soon as you can" which if experience is anything to go by could be months. I expect immediate action.

gerrarda
Dabbler

Good luck with the refund. I’ve been waiting since August for refund. Latest it was meant to be done within 20 days by the billing team. That’s been and gone and all they do on here is say they’ll put a chase on the complaint. Nobody reads the tickets. Ofcom are hopefully all over this cowboy outfit by now
clarissam

I have received an email yesterday stating they will send me a cheque in 21 days; I will wait until the 21st day, but the next steps is an official complaint as well. Initial refund was supposed to be issued on 5th September.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @pandy6 & @LR1

Firstly, I sincerely apologise for the delays in getting the refund to you.

I have updated the ticket on your account with the next action we are going to take for you which includes escalating the issue to management.

@pandy6 you can access the ticket here. @LR1 you can access the ticket here.

@gerrarda

I'm afraid the department that I need to speak to are currently out of the office. I will ensure this matter is picked up as soon as possible for you tomorrow.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
gerrarda
Dabbler

Thanks for the update but I’ve been told the same thing that this will be chased up for the last 6 weeks. The billing department appear to not be listening to any complaints or chase ups. It won’t be long before I can officially complain to Ofcom. I believe they will listen once you’ve wasted 2 months and still not resolved the issue.
LR1
Hooked

I too have now been told I will be issued with a cheque within 21 days.  It simply should not take this amount of time to issue a cheque.  I was also told that my Question has now been closed as it is resolved.  I have pointed out that I do not consider it resolved until I have the money!  In the meantime I have raised a separate formal complaint … no response 5 days later.  At least I have now left this company - customer service is truly shocking