cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autoemails re mailbox capacity

bijou55

autoemails re mailbox capacity

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting autoemails from plus.net re my mailbox capacity in spite of my having deleted a lot after the first such email ? Apologies for my lack of technical understanding but this only started recently and I don't know why.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: autoemails re mailbox capacity

@bijou55 

Did you remember to clear the deleted items box? Unless you do this you just move them from one place to another .

Right click deleted items then click empty.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bijou55

If Trash is the same as deleted items (!), yes, I've emptied it regularly. Thanks.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

If it’s called Trash then I suspect you’re deleting your mail from a mail client not the server which may not be setup to automatically sync together. 

Are you going to the server at webmail.plus.net?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Thrall wrote:

Are you going to the server at webmail.plus.net?

If it's a reasonable Email client there should be no need to use the Webmail interface.  I use a mix of Thunderbird or MSOulook across a number of Mail accounts and Mailboxes and very rarely need to use webmail?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Unless their emails are setup as POP3 not IMAP

bijou55

Sorry for delay in replying. No, I've never used webmail server. When a friend set up my new laptop with Windows 10, there was a problem trying to link my old plusnet email from Windows 7 so he had to set up gmail, but kept the plusnet address so I could still receive emails going to that address. I'm sorry I don't understand any of the technical stuff at all and my friend is away at university now. I guess I'll have to contact the Plusnet Network Operations Team as it says in these autoemails for help. Thanks for all the replies.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Login to webmail at webmail.plus.net and check your emails you’ve deleted are in fact deleted.